Rafale Wins MMRCA Bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafale Wins MMRCA Bid

NEW DELHI: France's Dassault Rafale wins the $10.4 billion medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) deal. Its bid was said to be 'significantly' lower than the other fighter -- the Eurofighter Typhoon -- designed by a consortium of three companies EADS, Alenia Aeronautica and BAE Systems.

The MMRCA is India's biggest single defence deal which will see India purchasing 126 fighters planes for the Indian Air Force.
    The Link

I really thought that the Eurofighter was going to win...

At $82,5mn to be 'significantly' lower...

Wonder what was the other offer and what will India get in return from France
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Wow! Congratulations to Dassault, this is the win that the Rafale program has been so desperate for.

Comment

Dassault Rafale wins USD 10.4 billion Indian Air Force jet fighter deal

Dassault Rafale wins USD 10.4 billion Indian Air Force jet fighter deal: Sources ?

Dassault Share prices gone up

French authorities saying no deal signed yet but one step forward as Rafale selected as lowest bidder.
        Last edited by ambidex; 31 Jan 12,, 14:35.

Comment

Good the lengthy bidding process got over, may God don't bless India with another such a contest ;)

Comment

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mil...mmrca-bid.html
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Can somebody now merge the two threads ;)

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                At $82,5mn to be 'significantly' lower...

Wonder what was the other offer and what will India get in return from France
                I wonder if that is with or without logistics, spares, training, etc.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cr9527 View Post
                    I wonder if that is with or without logistics, spares, training, etc.
                    Just hope the French wont finish this deal Russian way.

Comment

I think maybe the fact that France was one of the few countries to side with India after her nuclear tests may also have played a big part. The American pressured the British to stop sale of Harrier spare parts that grounded most of the carrier borne fleet.
                      Plus maybe a 4 nation supply line could be lot easier to throw a wrench into and disrupt, than just one nation supply line?

Comment

IMO, it came down to the ToT issue; France was the only country to allow full ToT to India for their aircraft, the other contenders put conditions and limits on their ToT (especially the US).
                        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Call me cynical but I wonder how much money changed hands to make this deal happen.

It's been reported that a lot the troubles the Indian Navy has had with the Admiral Gorshkov is because the Indian naval officers that initially inspected the ship were monetarily persuaded to ignore certain glaring problems.
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            Call me cynical but I wonder how much money changed hands to make this deal happen.
                            Highly doubt it for a deal with this much publicity and the anti-graft movement in India at the moment.

It would be committing political suicide.
                            Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                            -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                              Highly doubt it for a deal with this much publicity and the anti-graft movement in India at the moment.

It would be committing political suicide.
                              Agreed, everyone within the Indian Procurement cycle is so shit scared of even the slightest perception of something not being above board its causing pretty much every procuremnt program to drag on and on due to all the oversight being applied.

I know this first hand.

Regards

Arty
                              "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X