Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ what those MH60's are good for

https://twitter.com/VishnuNDTV/statu...94598032707584

Currently deployed with the US Navy as the primary anti-submarine warfare anti-surface weapon system for open ocean and littoral zones, the helicopters are considered the world's most advanced maritime helicopter.
    What has me intrigued is they can be used for Anti sub warfare

We are building that capability slowly.

These MH60's will work in tandem with the P8 Posiedons & Scorpene subs

The sale, at an estimated cost of USD 2.6 billion, will improve the security of a major defensive partner which continues to be an important force for political stability, peace, and economic progress in the Indo-Pacific and South Asia region, it said.
    Way we get around CAATSA is buy a few from the Americans to offset what we get from the Russians ?

The MH-60R Seahawks would add lethal capabilities of the Indian Navy, which experts say is the need of the hour given the aggressive behaviour of China in the Indian Ocean region.
    I suppose they are referring to Chinese subs. Now we can train on them : )
    Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Apr 19,, 19:39.

Comment

• Apparently this is the best chopper for ASW ops. In the pipeline are 111 naval utility & 123 naval multirole helis.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Was discussing this with OOE just two weeks back and this news drops : )

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        The sad truth is that outside of NATO, no one has any clue to ASW. Crews need to be trained and co-ordinated and in a lot of ways, ASW requires time and resources more intensive than the sub itself. It's 3 (EP3, helo, destroyer) against 1 (sub) and preferably, 4 (EP3, helo, destroyer, friendly sub) against 1. And a lot of times, we have subs waiting outside Russian and Chinese ports waiting for Russian/Chinese subs to follow without the Russians and the Chinese knowing it.

That kind of expertise and capability is expensive. Most often, non-NATO countries go for the subs alone.

Sub designs are more than just engines. It is also hull shape and sound absorbing materials. Any sub going through water would cause turbulance in the water. Big enough turbulance and it creates sound. And because of NATO's investments in ASW, our listening devices are also decades ahead of what the Chinese can only dream of. What they think of is quiet is a Queen's Concert to us.
        We got them all, destroyer, P8, MH60 & Scorpene. Now the hard work begins
        Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Apr 19,, 19:54.

Comment

• Training is needed, lots of joint training with the US/Japan/Aussie Navy. Then, will be the time to invade Canada and loot OOE's scotch collection.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• ^Must annex kiwi land first. Aussies won't mind.

What's missing in this news is ETA. When do we get these MH60 choppers ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              ^Must annex kiwi land first. Aussies won't mind.

What's missing in this news is ETA. When do we get these MH60 choppers ?
              I had Kiwi land in mind for my personal dictatorship. Good idea, could be a staging point for attacks on Canada & then the US. Once captured, I'll use the bayonet of my rifle to lure montgomery out, and make him the de-facto ruler there. No elections for the foreseeable future. He'd then have his own regime like the ones he admire - China, Venezuela, Russia, Turkey.

Government to government deals are fast. I'm thinking deliveries should start by the end of 2020. US is also known to deliver things before time.

Comment

• Was watching a video and the guy is saying US might offer India the F35 sooner rather than later ? thoughts

Already pointed out to him in the comments that US can't make F35 work with Turks that want S400 but some how this problem magically goes away with India & S400. Yes, he says it can work

Hmmmm...... > : |

Lot of things he says have been discussed here already. The India Russia 5th gen plane project isn't going anywhere.

Su57 not going into mass production a thread in this forum says.

Part that amuses me is he says Turkey is like Pakistan, S2 said this years ago.
                Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Apr 19,, 15:19.

Comment

• ^ Why did S-2 say Turkey is like Pakistan? Do you remember the thread?

Comment

Was watching a video and the guy is saying US might offer India the F35 sooner rather than later ? thoughts

Already pointed out to him in the comments that US can't make F35 work with Turks that want S400 but some how this problem magically goes away with India & S400. Yes, he says it can work
                    Even assuming the US would let the F-35 go to a nation still full of russian advisers and contacts (because of all the Russian gear), would India even be able to build it?...

Comment

• Build it as in tech transfer with local production ? Maybe some parts. Turkey is doing that already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                        ^ Why did S-2 say Turkey is like Pakistan? Do you remember the thread?
                        Took a bit of hunting but follow the link in my post below Firestorm's post

I recalled it here too but you didn't press for a link that time

Wish S2'd return but i suppose there isn't much to discuss for a disillusioned neocon in the Trump era

Greg's connection is much more explicit compared to what S2 linked to though.

Like Pakistan helped China copy F16 to make the JF17, Greg thinks Turkey will allow Russia to defeat F35 through S400

Why the reverse namely, F35 being able to defeat S400 is not mentioned is unclear.

Maybe F35 already can so its only the Russians that stand to gain here.
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Apr 19,, 20:53.

Comment

Build it as in tech transfer with local production ? Maybe some parts. Turkey is doing that already.
                          Stealth tech transfer? And remember that Turkey was friendly with the US when it joined the program...

Comment

• Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
                            Stealth tech transfer? And remember that Turkey was friendly with the US when it joined the program...
                            I don't know, this is all specualtive for the guy who made that video.

What got me though was the way he said it. It reminded me of some one telling me back in 2001 that relations between India & US would improve.

It seemed far fetched at the time but then the nuke deal came up only a few years later.

So, yeah, open minds and all

I always thought the f35 would be unaffordable for India. Maybe in couple more decades.

Correction : have discussed this before here. The incompatibility problem is the show stopper. And then the Americans would know our internal systems inside out. Forget about F35 being compromised by the S400, India would be completely open.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 09 Apr 19,, 00:08.

Comment

• If Boeing and LM can integrate the new models of new F-18 version or the new F-16 version, they may not have a problem integrating F-35s with the Indian infrastructure either if India pays the cost of integration.
                              The plane may not be able to perform to its full capacity (which may require upgrading the entire infrastructure).
                              It seems the F-35s production line have good orders already, accommodating India may take a long time.
                              Indian hand for a purchase may be forced soon, PRC may have PAF operating with J-20s or FC-31s.

Comment

• Originally posted by kuku View Post
                                Indian hand for a purchase may be forced soon, PRC may have PAF operating with J-20s or FC-31s.
                                Chinese J-20s & FC-31 are at best 4.5 gen, which would be taken care of by the Super Sukhois, failing which India would have the S-400 & Rafale. Even though I agree with your logic that the IAF would force the government to go for the F-35 if the Pakistanis acquire those Chinese birds. Infrastructure, data links these are costly things, right now I don't understand how the IAF would have them by say 2030. India is still lingering over the order for 100+ jets for the IAF. Till the time President Trump is in office, India can get a deal on the F-35, can't say what happens next.

Comment

Working...
                                X