No announcement yet.

Iran, Nukes, War Casualties and Assorted Accusations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nord, please stick to opening a bazillion threads about T-72 A,B,C, D and the rest of the alphabet.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      Nord, please stick to opening a bazillion threads about T-72 A,B,C, D and the rest of the alphabet.
      Yellow, I can't agree with that. He has just as much right to discuss things here as anybody else and he's certainly not limited to his modeling threads.

JAD said it best: Let's stick to the subject here on this thread.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Yellow, I can't agree with that. He has just as much right to discuss things here as anybody else and he's certainly not limited to his modeling threads.

JAD said it best: Let's stick to the subject here on this thread.
        Right you are.

Apologies Nord.

But you have to come with a better game than you've shown so far. These people know history. You're going to get chewed if you don't.

Comment

I don't know why you're apologizing. He's been here since Feb. 2006 and it's almost as though he's lived in a vacuum whilst being a member. Multiple threads discussing and dismissing his nonsense. Multiple members banned for being as stupid. He's not heard or reed of the NPT, we're to assume? Riiiight. He's unaware, after multiple threads and MUCH openly-available news of the obligations freely incurred by NPT members?

I say B.S. "Nord", as in 6th S.S. Gebirgs Division? I wonder...

Color me ad hominem on this one.
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

No, I can`t se the picture here. Iran had peace in 300 years, beside the war with Iraq, that Iraq started. Talking about the nukes, so how come Israel is allowed to have like 400 of them? or Pakistan?
            Nadir Shah, the Qajars, Mullah Iran's interference in regional nations...

Waiting to hear about pure Aryan races or something stupid.
            Last edited by troung; 26 Jan 12,, 04:27.
            To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

I've pruned off the posts from the "Will Israel Attack Iran in 2012?" thread to a new thread. Keep it civil please.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
                Who is provoking who? Right now EU has emposed an oil-embago on Iran, like the USA did on Japan in the ww2. That could be pretty provoking...

Regarding the nukes again, there are only one country in the world that have used them on civilians, and that is USA, twice.
                How come USA still are allowed to have them?
                *In both cases, Japan was given the choice of surrender or face the destruction they bought upon themselves. They opened the war killing sailors and civilians in Pearl Harbors attack and another attack. They had their choice, they chose poorly and faced the destruction that came.

Blaming the US for using the tech they had at hand to reduce their own casualties and Allied in invading the home islands is poor grounds for this fight you are trying to put up for why can the US have them.

You still havent answered the question posed to you about Iranian provocation.
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

When it comes to killing cicilians

In Vietnam, started on the lie in Tonkin bay, 3 000 000 vietnameese lives where lost. And about 60 000 americans. In the war on a lie in Iraq, claiming they had WMD, they lost between 1-2 000 000 lives. It is about time to wake up, and stop killing the worlds population.

Obviously you havent read much about the war in Iraq. WMD term is loosley used by politicians to gain clout. WMD's were indeed found in Iraq and there are plenty of examples. Go read before stating something foolish.

In this day and age even a pipe bomb is considered by many to be a WMD. IMO, correct given its intentions.

Comment

Nord Reply

"When it comes to killing cicilians

In Vietnam, started on the lie in Tonkin bay, 3 000 000 vietnameese lives where lost. And about 60 000 americans. In the war on a lie in Iraq, claiming they had WMD, they lost between 1-2 000 000 lives. It is about time to wake up, and stop killing the worlds population."

The Vietnam war started for the Vietnamese a long time before The Gulf Of Tonkin Incident. Too bad we didn't finish it properly. I bet you can't tell me how many S. Vietnamese died in N. Vietnam's Re-Education camps following the war's end?

Lot of GOOD reasons to go to war against Iraq-a latent WMD capability, now removed for the foreseeable future, only one of them. Meanwhile, can you tell me how many Iraqis died at the hands of other Iraqis? That would help cast matters in their proper light-unless, of course, you were a real fan of Saddam Hussein's police policies among his own people.

He was SO GOOD at keeping the peace.

"Afganisthan:

What causes the documented high level of civilian casualties -- 3,000 - 3,400 [October 7, 2001 thru March 2002] civilian deaths -- in the U.S. air war upon Afghanistan? The explanation is the apparent willingness of U.S. military strategists to fire missiles into and drop bombs upon, heavily populated areas of Afghanistan."

Might want to check the U.N. Commission on Human Rights and UNAMA's versions regarding how the great majority civilians have died in Afghanistan-usually at the hands of the taliban.

I'll provide you an easy source to read if you do the same for the comment above.

I PROMISE.
                    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
                      "India has them because of Pakistan and China, Pakistan has them because of India. North Korea may or may not have them because they are schmucks intend on domineering their neighbors to the south. Israel doesn't have them because of all her neighbors intent on destroying her. "

Israel have started all wars it been into since 1948.

They dont? And Israel has?

Would love to know this source of education you are using.

Comment

That was originally my quote. From what I understood from the Colonel, the North Korean nuke program isn't quite going anywhere. Israel has never officially admitted they have nukes
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

iran never officialy admited they have nuke programm either. nobody belives iran, nor israel
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

It is generally accepted that Israel has quite a few nukes and has had them for a long time. If this is true, then realistically, Iran getting a nuke won't change things too much for Israel since they already possess the capability for a debilitating retaliatory strike. I don't buy the argument that the Iranians will commit national suicide just because they hate Israel. Dinnerjacket may be a moron, but suicidal? I doubt it.
                            Now if there was a land border between the two, it could be argued that possessing nukes might embolden Iran to launch a conventional war. But since there is no land border and the Israeli conventional strength is far superior, that possibility is remote.
                            The other argument could be Iran increasing support for the Hezbollah. They do that anyway. Israeli nukes haven't deterred them and possessing their own nukes won't change the equation. Case in point: India and Pakistan. Both have nukes and delivery systems. Yet Pakistan's proxy war continues. Things wouldn't have been any different even if they didn't have nukes.

But Iran obtaining nukes will make the surrounding countries with no nukes (namely the Arabs) a lot more uneasy than Israel. It will convince them to explore the nuclear option themselves. I'm sure the Pakistanis would be ever ready to oblige as long as they make money from it. IMHO, this is the reason the Iranian nuke as to be stopped, not because Israel will suddenly be in danger of being nuked. It won't.
                            Last edited by Firestorm; 27 Jan 12,, 22:38.

Comment

Dude, you are wrong on many, many different levels. I'll hit you up with an answer tomorrow, when it's not 1:00 AM here
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Firestorm Reply

"...But Iran obtaining nukes will make the surrounding countries with no nukes (namely the Arabs) a lot more uneasy than Israel. It will convince them to explore the nuclear option themselves. I'm sure the Pakistanis would be ever ready to oblige as long as they make money from it. IMHO, this is the reason the Iranian nuke as to be stopped,..."

It is, indeed, one of the reasons Iran must be stopped from having these weapons. Unmentioned by you but underlying this rationale is that nukes are, in the end, only tools that can be used to threaten a variety of enemies. The same nuclear weapons which might ensure parity between sunnis and shias will also provide nuclear parity between arabs and Jews.

"...not because Israel will suddenly be in danger of being nuked. It won't."

Israel loses a trump card in any future Arab-Israeli conventional war if the surrounding arab states (most notably, KSA) also have nuclear weapons. The sum of all fears becomes realized.

Comment

Working...
                                X