Lots of tanks on train.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of tanks on train.

Got sent this video and it seems it is from this month.

Tanks Spotted Today at Watsonville, CA Santa Cruz - YouTube

Is this an entire division being moved? Notice that they're not desert camo either.

Is the US getting ready to invade Canada?

Bradleys. I counted 99 and twelve fuel bowsers when the video ceased. There were more still on-coming. About two battalion sets. Probably California Nat'l Guard.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

How many? A lot of them...
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor
        Is it usual to transport the tanks without the turrets? I sense there is enough distance between the tanks for the tubes
        I believe they are Bradley IFV's - the gun would be a 25mm chain gun and is probably installed but not clearly visible?
        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
          I believe they are Bradley IFV's - the gun would be a 25mm chain gun and is probably installed but not clearly visible?
          I self deleted the post after looking again to the vid
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I found the line " it's not ending " amusing

99 bradley alone without the rail platforms weigh around 2700 tones.
            Last edited by 1979; 26 Jan 12,, 10:24.
            J'ai en marre.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
              I knwo from experience that tanks are usually trasported with their turrets facing backwards. Not sure however if the US army does the same with it's Bradley's.
              "Football is war."

-Rinus Michels

Comment

Bradlys are transported turret facing forwards but with the barrel of the 25mm removed and stowed internally.

Regards

Arty
                "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyEngineer View Post
                  Bradlys are transported turret facing forwards but with the barrel of the 25mm removed and stowed internally.

Regards

Arty
                  Ha, and I thought I missed that lil gun. Thanks Arty.
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

It could be any of several units...81st HBCT out of WA ARNG (CA ARNG has IBCTs), it could be stocks rolling out of FT LEwis depot or Yakima for movement to FT Irwin to upgrade the draw fleet or it could be BFV Warhammers which just came our of the BAE plant for upgrade in San Jose and heading anywhere.

What ArtyEngineer said about the 25mm gun barrel.

Also it looked to be many with large plastic sheets taped to side of vehicles. These could be shipping documentation which leads me to believe that they are rebuilds rather than unit equipment.
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Boat View Post
                      ? Notice that they're not desert camo either.
                      Typically, if they're not in desert camo, and they're in the US, they're National Guard; you see that alot with their HUMVEE's, too. The only other armor that would have the woodland pattern is EUSA and USAREUR.
                      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                      X