No announcement yet.

Will Israel Attack Iran in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange? Israeli red line can't be further then the US one. Otherwise, they are alone when Iran crosses it.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
      frankly, it's a bit strange:

netanyahu demands the US publicly state a red line when israel herself has not publicly stated a red line.
      That's not Netanyahu's point though: he's effectively claiming the US has prevented Israel from attacking Iran in return for guarantees. Whether this is true or not is another thing.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• pari,

he's effectively claiming the US has prevented Israel from attacking Iran in return for guarantees.
        which is BS, of course; netanyahu knows, better than anyone, that the main deterrent against a strike is not the US, but the simple fact that a lone israeli strike would be counterproductive at best. THAT'S why netanyahu has not stated any israeli red lines, because he knows if iran calls his bluff, he won't be able to do all that much by himself.

way to annoy your one real ally for no strategic gain. thankfully other parts of the israeli government/electorate are speaking up against his foolishness.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
          pari,

which is BS, of course; netanyahu knows, better than anyone, that the main deterrent against a strike is not the US, but the simple fact that a lone israeli strike would be counterproductive at best. THAT'S why netanyahu has not stated any israeli red lines, because he knows if iran calls his bluff, he won't be able to do all that much by himself.

way to annoy your one real ally for no strategic gain. thankfully other parts of the israeli government/electorate are speaking up against his foolishness.
          I know. He's trying to make Obama look weak/anti-Israel. I don't think he has a clear view of domestic political opinion WRT Israel.

Leibniz

Comment

• And right on time.....
            Benjamin Netanyahu calls on U.S. voters to make Iran an election issue - The Globe and Mail

Leibniz

Comment

• Aaah yes. I love it when a foreign leader tells me who to vote for so that the US will do what his country wants.

"I can not manipulate President Obama. Put Romney in so he will do as I say."

What a reason NOT to vote for Romney.

Comment

• Yep, vote for the guy Putin endorses...

Putin held out hope for an end to a dispute with Washington on missile defence if President Barack Obama were re-elected in November, telling Russia's RT television he was "an honest person who really wants to change much for the better".
                UPDATE 1-Russia's Putin defiant on Syria, says Romney mistaken | Reuters
                Ah, yes, more flexibility in the second term Mr. Putin.
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday denied accusations he was interfering in U.S. politics after coming under fire for fiercely criticizing Washington's handling of Iran.

Relations between Netanyahu and President Barack Obama hit a new low this week after the Israeli leader said nations that failed to set red lines for Iran did not have the "moral right" to prevent Israel from launching a military strike.
                  Facing criticism, Netanyahu denies interfering in U.S. vote | Reuters

Comment

Working...
                  X