Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen (and women)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen (and women)...

...let me tell you a tale about the 8th largest army in the world. It is in just one state...Wisconsin!

The world’s largest army… America ‘s hunters!

I had never thought about this….

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last several months, Wisconsin ‘s hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran .

More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan ‘s 700,000 hunters,

All of whom have now returned home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that

The hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting — it’s not just a way to fill the freezer. It’s a matter of national security.

Big Teddy

In Alabama alone 30,000 students 15 or younger learn bow hunting and archery skills each year by taking the school archery programs which is in about 250 Alabama schools. There are over 300,000 registered hunters in Alabama of which about 200,000 use rifle, 70,000 bow, 15,000 black powder, and about 15,000 have combined licenses. Check your state and see how big the army is. Remember "Red Dawn"? Remember the huge stack of hunting rifles with scopes in the town square?

I want to thank a fellow board member, Big Teddy, at Professional Soldiers for allowing me to repost this! Thanks Teddy!

Hunters will have some problem hunting soldiers in transporters or in tanks
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Bill/M21Sniper had a story about when he was in the NTC and "killed" a whole bunch of tanks by taking out the drivers right when they were nearing a bend in a mountain track. The NTC gods declared that every driver would have died and driven his tank straight off a cliff
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

NTC aint hunting community :)
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Hunters and snipers have more in common than you'd think
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
            Bill/M21Sniper had a story about when he was in the NTC and "killed" a whole bunch of tanks by taking out the drivers right when they were nearing a bend in a mountain track. The NTC gods declared that every driver would have died and driven his tank straight off a cliff
            Bill was bullshitting because US Army tank drivers operate buttoned up.....have for for decades.

A TC or loader, maybe....but guess what....back when he was Joe Cool there was no MILES transmitter in existence for sniper rifles and the US Army did not use snipers....that came about well into the 1990s/2000s.

SF units may have had snipers but the were few and far between.

Oh....and MILES beams to crappy going through dust.

Any NTC hero stories need to be discarded on hearing.

19 rotations under my belt so I know of what I speak.

That said...I'll see you a Wisconsin and raise you a West Virginia.
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Thankx for the input

Comment

Deer don't shoot back.

Comment

Working...
                X