Airbus Takes Record Orders In 2011, Beating Boeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus Takes Record Orders In 2011, Beating Boeing

HAMBURG, Germany (AP) — Airbus took in a record number of orders for new commercial aircraft last year as strong demand for its revamped single-aisle plane helped it best U.S. rival Boeing Co. in the race for orders for the fourth year running.

Airbus Takes Record Orders In 2011, Beating Boeing : NPR

Boeing needs to get on the stick here; of course, having the 787 Dreamliner 2 years behind schedule doesn't help, either.
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

The 787 will go a long way to reversing the Trend. Airbus is racing to find a competitor to it... and in the coming years I would not be surprised if the fortunes were reversed.
    Ego Numquam

Comment

Yeah, I think AIrbus has backed the wrong horse with the A380. The 787 is a much more versatile aircraft. Now as a passanger however I have to say Im much more excited about flying on an A380.

Regards

Arty
      "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

I'd be exited too If I was on a plane that was prone to have cracks in the wings. I have yet to go on any long hops so a 380 or even a 747 isn't in the cards for me.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
        X