Iran court sentences former U.S. Marine to death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
    Doktor - I'm not quite understanding you. This guy is in the custody of Iran, charged by Iran. If he was supplying U.S. military secrets to Iran, he wouldn't have been accused by them. Are you saying we (U.S. authorities) should be suspicious of him?
    From what I understand that world of spies is a weird one, one day you receive a burn notice and your world vanishes, then you do stupid things.

In a word - yes, they should check him and be suspicious, that's how they earn their paycheck.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

OK... with that said, I have no doubt that with this incident making the news, the USA DOD and FBI both took a hard look at this guy's background to perhaps determine what he knew, or could reveal. Obviously, a soldier with his background would certainly be scrutinized before gaining access to significant classified material.

Comment

OK... with that said, I have no doubt that with this incident making the news, the USA DOD and FBI both took a hard look at this guy's background to perhaps determine what he knew, or could reveal. Obviously, a soldier with his background would certainly be scrutinized before gaining access to significant classified material.
        Thanks Chogy, that was my question in post #3 ;)
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

This thing reeks as being 100% politically motivated.

Iran has specialized in distracting her people from domestic issues and pointing to the Jew and the Brit-Amerikan as immediate and dangerous external threats. Keep people jazzed up about "spies, saboteurs, assassins" and there's less angst over domestic freedoms and social issues.

Much like the hiker "spies." How likely is it for the CIA to insert three caucasian spies who cannot blend in or speak the language, on foot over the Iraqi border?

It's the same old story. Take hostages, declare them to be spies, and use them in whatever way they deem desirable. Maybe we should sweep up a few Iranians in the USA and declare them spies in a tit for tat. I know "We as a people don't do that" but part of me would like to see it. This hostage crap is getting old.
          *I nominate Dinnerjacket the next time he comes to spew his racist bullshit at the UN.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I created a special dinnerjacket scenario in CombatMissions AfrikaCorps - I have mercilessly whomped the Iranians (I used 1943 Italian forces to simulate them) - I gave them a nice 240mm & 8" howitzer artillery barrage and then rolled over them with a company of Shermans and a battalion of armored engineers - they had 13/40's which have 47mm doorknockers for the Shermans and a regiment of Black Shirt Infantry. The 75's on the Shermans knocked out about 15 of the "Iranian" tanks each - and KIA'd about 1000 of their troops (the infantry helped, and the artillery was vicious), it was a total victory for the US force in 20 min of sim time... It was hard to find the last ones (the last 10 min) - too much smoke from their burning vehicles. If anyone has that game - I will share the scenario - however little strategy is involved - just point the forces in the right direction and blast away. You must turn off the smoke effects, it is necessary as the entire city is completely obscured after 5 min of the bombardment.
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              Thanks Chogy, that was my question in post #3 ;)
              Yeah I can be slow at times!

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                From what I understand that world of spies is a weird one, one day you receive a burn notice and your world vanishes, then you do stupid things.

In a word - yes, they should check him and be suspicious, that's how they earn their paycheck.
                A spy is a very different animal than a soldier; the latter you can identify.

Comment

Working...
                X