Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Oil.
    Gaddhafi had it too. Hell, he even had fresh water, more fresh water than all the GCC combined. Look where it got Libya. Look at other oil boom states - Nigeria, Angola, Venezuela, Russia. The Arabs have done a lot better with their oil than almost anyone else (exceptions: US, Norway).

For better or for worst, Qaddafy united his people
    I can see how united they are right now.

Pakistani Regiments.
    Which Gaddhafi was too stupid to use. It's not like Pakistani regiments are a rare commodity.

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
      Gaddhafi had it too. Hell, he even had fresh water, more fresh water than all the GCC combined. Look where it got Libya. Look at other oil boom states - Nigeria, Angola, Venezuela, Russia. The Arabs have done a lot better with their oil than almost anyone else (exceptions: US, Norway).
      You've missed the freaking point. The KSA bribed their population with money. They hired everybody else to do their dirty work. Qaddafy used his money for world revolution.

I can see how united they are right now.
      Only when he started losing.

Which Gaddhafi was too stupid to use. It's not like Pakistani regiments are a rare commodity.
      Qaddafy had Chaddians and did not want to pay for Pakistanis.
      Chimo

Comment

You've missed the freaking point. The KSA bribed their population with money. They hired everybody else to do their dirty work. Qaddafy used his money for world revolution.
        The Saudis know exactly what their population is good at and isn't good at. They bribed their people to not start tribal wars (something they were good at) and hired expats to actually work and fight international conflicts (something they weren't good at). Gaddhafi thought he could take on the Egyptians with a Libyan army. Ie he didn't know his own strengths and weaknesses.

Btw the Saudis successfully funded more revolutions than Gaddhafi hired female virgin guards.

Only when he started losing.
        The Saudis lost to Egypt in Yemen. Then to Israel. Almost lost to Saddam. Until recently, Iran ruled the Arab streets. The Saudis still rule Saudi Arabia.

Qaddafy had Chaddians and did not want to pay for Pakistanis.
        You're only proving my point that he was fucking stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
          ???
          Vargas might have had some good points but i was not replying to him.
          Immigration worked for the US when the american dream was intact and many people from many countries could live together.
          It enabled them to concentrate talented and hard driving people in a way never seen before.
          But its over now, the rich dogs are back on top and slowly eradicating the uppity middle classes.
          I do concede that he might have a point, America is just so immense that everyone can live in their own sub section and never see someone not of their culture/ethnicity.

But in smaller denser old settled societies, all that happens is separation and tension.

My original reply was to Dor calling me xenophobic and ranting and not related to anything Vargas said.

Plus...ignorance? Pot and kettle old son.

Ya know what............................ forget it.
          We would just derail another thread with mutual antipathy.
          There is a huge factor that people often miss or ignore on purpose in relation to the American Melting Pot:

Yes, there were people from a big number of countries that came to the US. But all of them were European and after each big wave of immigration there was a "pause" of some decades with very little immigration to allow time for the immigrants to integrate and assimilate to the society. America wasn't a welfare State, so people came here knowing they were pretty much on their own after they set foot here and this served like a big filter to who would be bold enough to come here.
          Today there are more than 100 different government programs against poverty, with literally 52% of the population already receiving some type of tax benefits, there is no immigration quotas, no real border patrol, immigrants are not encouraged to assimilate, there is an entire culture of resentment against the majority population... If receiving massive immigration from different racial groups is already a big challenge by itself, all the other things contribute for a explosive recipe. If America was the size of the United Kingdom or Germany it would be already exploding, almost completely ungovernable.

Comment

DESPITE some small signs of optimism about the United States economy, unemployment is still high, and the country seems stalled.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosielukas View Post
              DESPITE some small signs of optimism about the United States economy, unemployment is still high, and the country seems stalled.
              You're contradicting record-low unemployment, in the USA, on a Japan economy thread that has been dormant for over two years?
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
              X