Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young mum shoots intruder dead

Young mum shoots intruder dead

A young mother shot dead an armed intruder moments after a 911 operator told her to "do what you have to do to protect your baby".

Oklahoma woman Sarah McKinley, 18, was home alone with her three-month-old baby on New Year's Eve when she heard two men, one armed with a hunting knife, trying to break into her home, ABC News reports.

The teen, whose husband died from cancer on Christmas Day, phoned 911 and grabbed her 12-gauge shotgun as the men went from door to door trying to gain entry.

Ms McKinley said she went into her bedroom with the gun, put a bottle in her baby's mouth and picked up a pistol as she told the emergency operator: "I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"

"I've got two guns in my hands — is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" Ms McKinley is heard asking the operator in a recording of the phone call.

The operator told her "I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby".

When 24-year-old Justin Martin kicked in the door, the teen mother instantly shot him dead.

Ms McKinley said in later interviews the 911 operator had indicated she could fire only if he entered the home, although this part of the call was not released.

Blanchard Police Detective Dan Huff said the shooting was justified.

Ms McKinley had met Martin a week earlier, after he showed up at her house on the day of her husband's funeral claiming to be a neighbour.

She did not let him into her home that day.

The second intruder, Dustin Stewart, handed himself in to police after Martin was killed.

---

Going to refrain from comment on this one I think.
    Ego Numquam

Martin knew she was had lost her husband just days before then coldly tried to break into her home armed with a knife. She has done humanity a favour by removing this vermin from the face of the earth.

Comment

IMO, she should've completed the job by shooting Stewart, too.
      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Good shot! too bad about the second target.
        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
          IMO, she should've completed the job by shooting Stewart, too.
          Hell yeah!

Comment

Brave woman...and bless the US laws that enable law abiding citizens to protect themselves. In India only the goons are permitted to have weapons...

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Amen. Here she would be prosecuted and sentenced for manslaughter.

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
              Brave woman...and bless the US laws that enable law abiding citizens to protect themselves. In India only the goons are permitted to have weapons...

Comment

Wow..she managed to put the bottle in the baby's mouth before blowing him away.

I think I'm in love....

Comment

Originally posted by mustavaris View Post
                  When I read the title and saw Chunder posting it, I thought it will be something connected with Oz and how she faces charges. God bless America for sorting these situations in the correct way, hope the others will copy/paste the experience.

If this happened here, the police would harass her for months, about the gun and if she was really endangered (they had knifes she had 2 guns, she could've warne them etc etc).

However, I don't think charges would be filed simply because it was done to protect the kid and her young age.
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Good thing she had the presence of mind to keep her wits and not go hysterical. Saved herself and her baby, and removed another piece of filth from this fair planet
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                      The same happened in the UK. After a few terrible killings the Government decided to remove weapons from legal licence owners and now the criminals are the ones who have and use them.

Comment

in here it is forbidden to kill an intruder until he enters your bedroom.

only after that you can use "proportional force" (i dunno if it is the right word). by that i meant if he have a gun you can use a gun if he have a blade...well let the best one wins.

or you can just kill him and drag to your bedroom :P

anyway i want to say to that mother "well done thats minus one...now we have millions to go"
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Same crap here as good sir Lukins and Big K said.Unbelievable how much widespread idiocy really is.Probably as much as the stupidity of lawyers turned into politicos that make laws,from their ivory tower.Case in point,how on earth would one respond proportionally when his life is under threat?Is not reasonable,besides being completely unpractical.From where you'll get an axe if the attacker has one?Is a knife proportional while being attacked by multiple persons with bats.What if you're old or sick and they're athletes?

Just shoot the bastards as this fine lady did.But shoot the lawyers first.
                          Those who know don't speak
                          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                            The same happened in the UK. After a few terrible killings the Government decided to remove weapons from legal licence owners and now the criminals are the ones who have and use them.
                            Its only pistols and auto weapons nuts , shotguns n rifles are still permitted .. like that cnut in Horden ,Durham , who wasted his family and himself over xmas , he had 6 legal permits

Anyway back on topic , all together now 1 2 3

For she's a jolly good fellow etc etc , and so say LOTS of us
                            Last edited by tankie; 05 Jan 12,, 15:20.

Comment

Originally posted by mustavaris View Post
                              Mustavaris, would she really be prosecuted? Wouldn't public outrage over her sentencing be deafening? I thought Finland had liberal weapons laws.

Comment

Working...
                              X