No announcement yet.

Where Am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It as their FO's or the police acting as FO?
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Originally posted by Mihais View Post
      It as their FO's or the police acting as FO?
      It was a classical miscoordination. I am not sure if they gave the directions or they sent it to the army who then proceeded them. Anyway, it was a major fvck-up. Later our helo opened fire on police positions, too. My uneducated, civvie guess is the police has no experience and caused the confusion.
      Fortunately, there were no fatalities, only injuries.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• You know,some Americans complain about their police becoming too heavily armed.What a bunch of pussies.Ya balkanites&the Russians use artillery and nobody gives a sh!t
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• The hint is :

'' Never, before this,
          were more men in this island slain
          by the sword's edge--as books and aged sages
          confirm--since Angles and Saxons sailed here
          from the east, sought the Britons over the wide seas,
          since those warsmiths hammered the Welsh,
          and earls, eager for glory, overran the land.''
          Attached Files

Comment

• I know it but won't say. I cheated and used the hint in a search engine. Don't the rest of you losers do the same.

Well done Mihais. Very worthy. I could not imagine choosing this event.
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

You know,some Americans complain about their police becoming too heavily armed.What a bunch of pussies.Ya balkanites&the Russians use artillery and nobody gives a sh!t
              Uhm.... well no. The arty was to stop or else.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                Uhm.... well no. The arty was to stop or else.
                So that's how you say in Macedonian '' freeze,mother....r''.

''I could not imagine choosing this event''.

Sir,I like that stuff.Old and obscure.It serves two purposes.One is rather practical,confirming the lessons of more famous/recent events.The other is rather depressing, showing our mortality.So we need to strive harder,maybe somebody thousands of years from now will like old and obscure events

Comment

So that's how you say in Macedonian '' freeze,mother....r''.

''I could not imagine choosing this event''.
                  Google Aracinovo 2001. There were some foreign (UK/US) instructors among Albanians in the village. The stop shelling order came from our President. Hint, look at Aviano activity at the time.

Comment

• Is it Burnanburh?

Just finished rereading over the Christmas holiday Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Chronicles which talked of the battle...and I did the Google map thing a few weeks ago to find the battle sites.

And that photo looked familiar.
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

• AR is correct.But,IIRC Uhtred of Bebanburg has yet to get here.

Comment

• Either the airfield in the upper left or the city in the lower right.
                        Attached Files
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• Landing at Nadzab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I realized I violated the theme of the thread. The airfield is Nadzab and the city is Lae, both on New Guinea.

It was joint US-Aussie assault.

Open for anyone.
                          Mark Twain

Comment

• I was looking at Korea and Nam maps:red:

Comment

Working...
                            X