Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four dead, dozens injured in Belgium grenade, gun attack

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Belgium's royals and prime minister arrive in Liege to meet those affected by the attack
    * Two teenagers, a woman and the attacker are dead, with 75 injured, prosecutor in Liege says
    * The 33-year-old gunman left his home in Liege carrying firearms and grenades, the prosecutor says
    * The attack was in a busy square where crowds of people were visiting a Christmas market
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

RIP how can these people be stopped ,sadly it has to be WORLDWIDE arms control , im pissed off at the UKs controls , but things must tighten up worldwide and stiffer penalties for blackmarket dealers/buyers ,The topic has been debated here a few times as I know ,,, but how did the cnut have access to grenades if not B/mkt
    Last edited by tankie; 13 Dec 11,, 19:18.

Comment

If one is willing he can get anything.He could have stolen,bought on the black market or simply made them.
      As for stoping them,no other way than a bullet in the head,if one citizen is armed,trained and pays attention to the surroundings.
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
        If one is willing he can get anything.He could have stolen,bought on the black market or simply made them.
        As for stoping them,no other way than a bullet in the head,if one citizen is armed,trained and pays attention to the surroundings.
        Wont work mate , that's what police are for and apart from one on every street corner/shop doorway its impossible ,even if there was that scenario a grenade lobbed is already armed , too late to blow the wankers last remaining brain cell out .

One thing tho , he blew his own skull to bits , saves on expensive trials n human rights wankers etc wanting to make excuses to keep him alive like that turd in Norway .
        Last edited by tankie; 13 Dec 11,, 19:40.

Comment

Nothing is 100% foolproof.Death comes 1000 ways.
          Those who know don't speak
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

UK and Belgium have very strict gun laws, the citizen are not allowed to protect themselves while the criminal gangs are well armed. So duck and cover, in a Social Democracy your life is at the mercy of the criminals and the state. Get along with both and if you are lucky enough to not get killed in random wacko incident like this, you should do fine.

Seriously speaking: no amount of gun control short of totalitarian system is enough, and then I can, without serious effort imagine a dozen ways to kill at least as many as this scumbag did. No firearms or grenades needed.

Tankie; your argument about the armed grenade pretty much negates the police too.

Comment

Originally posted by mustavaris View Post
              UK and Belgium have very strict gun laws, the citizen are not allowed to protect themselves while the criminal gangs are well armed. So duck and cover, in a Social Democracy your life is at the mercy of the criminals and the state. Get along with both and if you are lucky enough to not get killed in random wacko incident like this, you should do fine.

Seriously speaking: no amount of gun control short of totalitarian system is enough, and then I can, without serious effort imagine a dozen ways to kill at least as many as this scumbag did. No firearms or grenades needed.

Tankie; your argument about the armed grenade pretty much negates the police too.
              That's exactly what I implied mate when I said its thrown armed , no amount of police are gonna stop it , or are you reading me wrong /or me you ????????

Comment

I don't know of any place that grenades are legal for civilian use. Grenades aren't rocket science, they are pretty simple devices. Criminals break laws anyway - I don't see the solution to this - this bastard wanted to kill people, it is fortunate if he died too.
                RIP to the victims.
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I understood that you are also against private gun carrying (in order to be able to defend oneself).

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                  That's exactly what I implied mate when I said its thrown armed , no amount of police are gonna stop it , or are you reading me wrong /or me you ????????

Comment

Six dead, over 120 wounded... many in serious condition.

R.I.P.

Comment

Hand grenades are very available in Europe if you have criminal connections. They confiscate them almost all the time..

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                      I don't know of any place that grenades are legal for civilian use. Grenades aren't rocket science, they are pretty simple devices. Criminals break laws anyway - I don't see the solution to this - this bastard wanted to kill people, it is fortunate if he died too.
                      RIP to the victims.

Comment

Originally posted by mustavaris View Post
                        I understood that you are also against private gun carrying (in order to be able to defend oneself).
                        Ahhh sorry pal , nooooo im all for it ,however authorities have to reduce ownership worldwide whether I like it or not , i was pissed off when my guns had to be handed in in the UK because of Hungerford and the like , the only gun toters now in the UK are criminals , not that people here carried guns for protection , neither does the normal cop , its left to SWAT teams , Im sorry for any confusion caused matey ;) And I just knowwwwwwwwwwww the yanks are gonna pull me up on this one
                        Last edited by tankie; 13 Dec 11,, 22:57.

Comment

If I could, I'd like to make a suggestion based on previous threads in the same vein. Let's keep this thread on topic. All discussions about gun control and everything else should be in new threads dedicated to the topic. Let's keep this one focused on the attack, and most importantly, offer our condolences to those hurt and lost in this dreadful attack
                          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

It bothers me that while the modern world continues to tote safety under the law, these things are still allowed to happen. Just goes to show the power of free will, when used in the worst possible way. My condolences to those affected.

"Cum Catapultae Proscriptae Erunt Tum Soli Proscripti Catapultas Habebunt."
                            "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                              If I could, I'd like to make a suggestion based on previous threads in the same vein. Let's keep this thread on topic. All discussions about gun control and everything else should be in new threads dedicated to the topic. Let's keep this one focused on the attack, and most importantly, offer our condolences to those hurt and lost in this dreadful attack
                              Agreed. Limit the discussion here on the crime itself. Gun laws are a valid and important topic, but they don't belong in this thread. If you wish to discuss them, feel free to open another thread in the appropriate forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X