The Big Lebowski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Lebowski

Got my annual in for the year tonight via youtube. They're all here- the Dude, Maude, Walter, Donnie, Karl, Bunny, Jackie Treehorn.

You can too. You SHOULD too...

Enjoy.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

A true classic. By far my favourite film involving a cricket bat wielding, ferret carrying krautrock band called Autobahn.

The dude abides
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

amongst many scenes the funeral speech and tossing the ashes to ocean is my favourite.
      If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

that's your fav? here's one of the most inspired minutes in movie history.

The Big Lebowski. Bunny by the pool. - YouTube
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

that's your fav? here's one of the most inspired minutes in movie history.

Last edited by astralis; 24 Dec 11,, 08:05.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Dude, I need a white russian
            “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Oh! You mean a "Caucasian"?

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Ingredients might be hard to find where I live
                “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Only the soda-pop. Last I remember, you're not living on the edge of the universe...just the edge of Oregon.

Comment

Every time I think of one I crave a White Russian too. This is definitely one of my top movies, but I've recently heard a lot of criticism about it. I think some people take movies a little seriously, a good film is a good film, sit back and enjoy it.

Comment

This is a great movie. John Turturro as Jesus Quintana ... unbelievable!

Comment

May wish to partake lest it get ripped down. I am. Time for my annual refresher...

Comment

My favorites are the Nihilists.

Shut the fuck up, Donnie.
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                            My favorites are the Nihilists.
                            The cricket bat is the crowning glory. So very, very odd.

The dream sequence is hard to beat. Even better that the vocalist is Kenny Rogers & Glenn Campbell is on guitar (strange but true)

The original - almost as strange as the Dude's version:

sigpic

Comment

Can't 'edit'. Crap! Put in the wrong second track. here is young Kenny.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X