Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One down...Hundreds to go.

Blagojevich tells judge he's sorry for crimes - Yahoo! News

CHICAGO (AP) — In a last plea for mercy, Rod Blagojevich tried a tactic he never has before: an apology.
    The disgraced former Illinois governor told a judge Wednesday that he made "terrible mistakes" and acknowledged that he broke the law when he tried to sell an appointment to President Barack Obama's former Senate seat.
    After protesting his innocence for years, Blagojevich's plea on the second day of his sentencing hearing came as he hopes to avoid a prison term of up to 20 years. Judge James Zagel was expected to deliver his sentence Wednesday.
    "I'm here convicted of crimes ... ," Blagojevich said, "and I am accepting of it, I acknowledge it and I of course am unbelievably sorry for it."..........

Sure. I bet he is sorry. He is sorry that he got caught. He is sorry he got convicted, mostly he is sorry because he couldn't wiggle out of his conviction and will be cleaning toilets in prison for the better part of a decade.:Dancing-Banana:

Every state has a POS like him and they need to join Blago. There are lots of POS in Washington D.C. that need this treatment as well.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

I acknowledge it and I of course am unbelievably sorry for it."..........
    He said it himself - it is unbelievable that he's really sorry for it. I bet he is really sorry he got caught.
    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

14yrs. You would have to murder a family to get that in the UK.

"Disgraced former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich has been sentenced to 14 years in prison for corruption"

BBC News - Rod Blagojevich sentenced to 14 years in prison

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
        Blagojevich tells judge he's sorry for crimes - Yahoo! News

CHICAGO (AP) — In a last plea for mercy, Rod Blagojevich tried a tactic he never has before: an apology.
        The disgraced former Illinois governor told a judge Wednesday that he made "terrible mistakes" and acknowledged that he broke the law when he tried to sell an appointment to President Barack Obama's former Senate seat.
        After protesting his innocence for years, Blagojevich's plea on the second day of his sentencing hearing came as he hopes to avoid a prison term of up to 20 years. Judge James Zagel was expected to deliver his sentence Wednesday.
        "I'm here convicted of crimes ... ," Blagojevich said, "and I am accepting of it, I acknowledge it and I of course am unbelievably sorry for it."..........

Sure. I bet he is sorry. He is sorry that he got caught. He is sorry he got convicted, mostly he is sorry because he couldn't wiggle out of his conviction and will be cleaning toilets in prison for the better part of a decade.:Dancing-Banana:

Every state has a POS like him and they need to join Blago. There are lots of POS in Washington D.C. that need this treatment as well.
        You hit the nail on the head!!!

Comment

With Super Pacs, anonymous donors, corporate and Union pacs every Politican is bought today Blagos mistake was offering himself for sale rather than just taking the offers given. Till special interest super pac, corporate and union pacs are once again denied personhood we will have a goverment of special interests for special interests.
          Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
          ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
          X