combined warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combined warfare

Ever tried to explain the importance of combined warfare and logistics to someone who's obsessed about 1v1 performance?

:bang:
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Oooh! Send them here!!! Please????
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Yeah but seriously, the Flanker can do the cobra and the S-400 is supposed to be better than the Patriotso they're gonna win so any argument otherwise is just American arrogance...

Comment

Gunnut, you need to remember the lesson about wrestling with a
        Pig!

But if you must engage then smack them between the eyes a ballpeen hammer and say
        "1v1 THIS!"
        Last edited by Albany Rifles; 29 Nov 11,, 22:17. Reason: Fat thumbs
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

While they're 1v1'ing with one element, the rest of the unit will come up behind them and ... Oh but thats not fair,,, Yep war is hell...
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Remember: Arguing over the internet (excluding debating on WAB) is like participating in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a well, you get what I'm trying to say here...

But seriously, please invite this guy over. We need a new good chew toy
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

best explanation i´ve ever seen was by Chogy - was something like this: if two fighters (a´la F-15 & Su-27 or so) go one on one in dogfight is kind like two soldiers looking meaningfully each other eye to eye,nod, then drop their ACOG-equipped rifles, grenades,radios,NVG-s, and then draw their knives. kinda like Arnold vs. Bennet in Commando :)
              If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                best explanation i´ve ever seen was by Chogy - was something like this: if two fighters (a´la F-15 & Su-27 or so) go one on one in dogfight is kind like two soldiers looking meaningfully each other eye to eye,nod, then drop their ACOG-equipped rifles, grenades,radios,NVG-s, and then draw their knives. kinda like Arnold vs. Bennet in Commando :)
                I need to "let off some steam." ;)

This is the thread I was talking about:

Engineering disaster:Shermans - World of Tanks official forum

Comment

What's your username over there?

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                    What's your username over there?
                    Come on, that would be no challenge. You should be able to guess. :)

Comment

I haven't gotten round to reading the thread, I've instead spent my time actually reading the stuff I need to read for uni. Save me some brain cells, which one are you?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        Ever tried to explain the importance of combined warfare and logistics to someone who's obsessed about 1v1 performance?

:bang:
                        No, I usually hit those people right in the head with anything handy and they seem to go right to sleep, but please tell us about it.:Zzzzzz:

Comment

Teddy bear.... is that like the rubber duck.....

It was the dark of the moon of the 6th of June in cloud bank over Caen, aC-47 with the green light on, ack ack and some Frogs... I said this heres the teddy bear....

LMAO

If you do not think so, look at the history of US and British tank development since June 1944. Someone evidently thought that the Sherman model was a failed model.
                          In the idiots defense the US did miss a modernization cycle on the Sherman. In 1942 the Sherman was technically (technology) superior to the PzIVG and T-34m42 in some ways inferior in others. In 1943 it and the T-34 began to fall behind with the introduction of the Panther. The Soviets had introduced the T-34/85 in numbers into combat by the beginning of Spring 44, about when the US began production of the (75) and (76) W versions. This delay did kill a lot of people in Normandy. Gun power aside, more wet stowage equipped Shermans means fewer brew ups and more live tankers...

When you say that a medium tanks purpose is not to fight other tanks you fail from the outset.

Ask him if he's take an M15/42 medium tank up against a SDKFz 171 Aufs D. medium tank... after according to him medium tanks are designed to fight tanks so it should be a fair fight.... snicker.

There is only 1..... I repeat only 1 tank designed from start to finish to fight other tanks in WWII that saw service in the West.... the SDKFz 171. Otherwise known as the Panther...

OK Teddy Ruxton,

perhaps you are referring to heavy tanks who are designed with tank on tank combat as its core design principle.
                          The Tiger and King Tiger maybe... the KV and Stalin tanks NO, the Pershing NO.... Heavy tanks were generally designed to act as assault units. That was the Tigers intended role, and why the Russians chose the slower firing and less anti-armor capable D-22 122mm gun over the D10 100mm.

Heavy tanks failed, they could not compete with the ease of production and versatility that medium tanks offered.
                          No they did not, they were simply born to early... By the end of WWII automotive technology had evolved to let the heavy tank come out of its cocoon as the MBT in the Pershing, Centurion and T-44. The true sub-35 ton mediums were gone from production.... only the heavies stuck around look at the weights for the Pershing, Centurion and T-44.

Comment

Working...
                          X