Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explosion near Iran nuclear facility in Isfahan reported!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustavaris View Post
    This is not the nuclear site near Espahan, but the missile base near Tehran. Liquid fuel missiles have huge amounts of highly volatile chemicals loaded in.. they make terrible mess. If I have to guess, it was accident/sabotage/bomb, but not an aerial strike/etc.
    Honestly, I am not familiar with these types of analysis, as I really have not seen anything comparative with regards to different types of explosions, missiles strikes and such. I've seen a few satellite imagery with missile strike, but I am unable to see the difference.

So really I have no idea what a liquid fuel explosion would look like. What I see is completely destroyed buildings in different parts of the compound. So If an accident happened in one area of the compound, then it would spread?
    sigpic

Comment

It was a missile base; I would imagine that they have more liquid fuel than what was in one missile and it might be possible that more than one missile exploded. And the entire base does not look like it has been wiped out, but the damage is centered around the place where there was two buildings, and further from that place you go, in better condition the buildings are and less scorching there is

Originally posted by Tanker View Post
      Thats funny. I posted those pictures on the "udder" site and they were quickly removed. Notice how the entire base was wiped out by one missile.

Comment

I am not familiar with photo analysis in any meaningful way whatsoever, I am just counting on the most likely explanation. The missile strikes deep in a country like Iran would be very hard to make without any detection, missile debris is there to be found and accidents/sabotage is all you need for this kind of stuff. If someone strikes Iran, I would guess that due to their retaliation capabilities, it would be done with overwhelming force OR by striking really significant targets related to the nuclear industries.. not by levelling some random missile base.

Originally posted by Dago View Post
        Honestly, I am not familiar with these types of analysis, as I really have not seen anything comparative with regards to different types of explosions, missiles strikes and such. I've seen a few satellite imagery with missile strike, but I am unable to see the difference.

So really I have no idea what a liquid fuel explosion would look like. What I see is completely destroyed buildings in different parts of the compound. So If an accident happened in one area of the compound, then it would spread?

Comment

pbly old soviet truck backfired
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X