X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben, how rude of you! You could've showed the way

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...on-thread.html
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I'm sure that if he really wanted to, he could've found it in about 27 seconds. Not too hard, and we can't go about making everything easy, can we?
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Sure, my apologies!

Comment

No worries, mate!
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
            I'm sure that if he really wanted to, he could've found it in about 27 seconds. Not too hard, and we can't go about making everything easy, can we?
            Well, as a member of several forums, or former member, you would have thunk that I would have known to go Intro first THEN ply my wares....but NOOOO! I took a leap of faith first :)

Comment

The water is cold and there are a lot piranhas around
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                Won't be the first time that I was bitten :D

Comment

Originally posted by NUS View Post
                  I don't know. But, for example, nobody expect pilots to handle the maintenance of aircrafts.
                  Seriously? You're going to compare a tank in the middle of a battlefield (usually some barren wasteland) to an air base?
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    Seriously? You're going to compare a tank in the middle of a battlefield (usually some barren wasteland) to an air base?
                    Tanks never travel alone. They need fuel, ammo, spare parts and maintenance. Range and speed of combat operation is limited by this factor.

Nobody expect crewmembers to do repairs in a middle of a fight. And even then the fight is over, crewmembers can do only very basic repairs and maintenance. They often simply dont have tools and skills required for repairs.

Seriously, why do i have to explain this to you?
                    Winter is coming.

Comment

Tanks never travel alone. They need fuel, ammo, spare parts and maintenance. Range and speed of combat operation is limited by this factor.

Nobody expect crewmembers to do repairs in a middle of a fight. And even then the fight is over, crewmembers can do only very basic repairs and maintenance. They often simply dont have tools and skills required for repairs.

Seriously, why do i have to explain this to you?
                      And that's bullshit. You've already had 3 former tankies tell you that the exact opposite is true.

Comment

Heh, know a few of my brothers friends who were tankers and the first thing they did was dump the hand tools issued to them and went to the local hardware store to buy good ones that they could actually use with money out of their own pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Maeda Toshiie View Post
                          I think this discussion on extra crew members to help with maintenance misses the point of NATO and Soviet doctrine.The Soviet units fight till they die (or breakdown) and the next echelon takes over.

Guard duty aside, operators are trained and expected to perform only basic maintenance (usually a lot of oil changing and track changing) and assist the mechanics in repairs. IIRC, the size of Soviet maintenance units are dwarfed by their NATO counterparts (on the same battalion/regiment/division) level. I think this speaks volume of how maintenance is being viewed.
                          That's a pretty good point wrt old Soviet doctrine.

I guess their leaders thought the tank and crew will die before something went belly up mechanically.

Still these prototype 2 man tanks seems a bit strange since they won't be fielding them in numbers even close to matching what they once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            How cold can the water be since piranhas usually inhabit waters with temperatures between 75 and 80 degrees?

Besides, fishes don't know how to type...duh!

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                              And that's bullshit. You've already had 3 former tankies tell you that the exact opposite is true.
                              You know, even if all tank crewmembers can fix an engine with a closed eyes and posses unique skills in electronics, it does not change a thnig.

If a tank can be fixed by a crew, finding a helpful hand is not impossible. If a tank can't be fixed by a crew and need to return to base, 4th member decides nothing.
                              Winter is coming.

Comment

You know, even if all tank crewmembers can fix an engine with a closed eyes and posses unique skills in electronics, it does not change a thnig.

If a tank can be fixed by a crew, finding a helpful hand is not impossible. If a tank can't be fixed by a crew and need to return to base, 4th member decides nothing.
                                Just what part of, "The friggin tracks are friggin heavy as hell and four people friggin combined have the friggin strength to put the friggin thing back on the friggin tank while friggin two men won't in the friggin field." don't you understand?

Comment

Working...
                                X