Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama scuttles 20,000 U.S. jobs for one.............his own!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama scuttles 20,000 U.S. jobs for one.............his own!

I welcome myself back after a long recovery from a bike on maple tree collision, and i awoke to the stunning news this morning that the idiots in Washington have halted the huge Keystone pipeline project.Petty politics at it,s dysfunctional best. Already, an outraged Alberta Premier has announced plans to seek new routes, ither West from Alberta to B.C. and Asian markets, or the northern route around the Yukon and down the West coast and off to China.With billions already spent on logistics and prepositioned materials gone to waste in Canada, there are many very pissed off investers around the world and this insult may have become Canada,s "tipping point". We have finally, like the rest of the world,began to see what unreliable and convenience based allies the Americans have become. The U.S. sadly, has become the best fair weather friends on the planet.What in the World has happened to you people? You continue to insult and be-little the only people on the planet who are most like you....and can help you with safe ,reliable energy for decades to come and yet, with a smirk and a scoff you presume Canada will wait around while you drag us down with you.This time something is really different. There is a new,growing contempt towards everything American in this country,and more to the point,it has become entrenched within our young,and that my friends,is your loss. On this happy note....good to be back.:)

Welcome back! How are the tree and the bike doing?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Maple tree 1....bike and bones 0.

Comment

Next time try using your brakes instead of a tree. Just a suggestion, though...
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
          Maple tree 1....bike and bones 0.
          Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy , im glad your ok m8 , and welcome back :)

Comment

Never mind the bones, hows the bike? (welcome back BTW)
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Great to have you back. I hope you have fully recovered and that you had enough insurance to get yourself back riding :)

Comment

I know this is a little late....but....watch out for that tree!!!
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
                  I welcome myself back after a long recovery from a bike on maple tree collision, and i awoke to the stunning news this morning that the idiots in Washington have halted the huge Keystone pipeline project.Petty politics at it,s dysfunctional best. Already, an outraged Alberta Premier has announced plans to seek new routes, ither West from Alberta to B.C. and Asian markets, or the northern route around the Yukon and down the West coast and off to China.With billions already spent on logistics and prepositioned materials gone to waste in Canada, there are many very pissed off investers around the world and this insult may have become Canada,s "tipping point". We have finally, like the rest of the world,began to see what unreliable and convenience based allies the Americans have become. The U.S. sadly, has become the best fair weather friends on the planet.What in the World has happened to you people? You continue to insult and be-little the only people on the planet who are most like you....and can help you with safe ,reliable energy for decades to come and yet, with a smirk and a scoff you presume Canada will wait around while you drag us down with you.This time something is really different. There is a new,growing contempt towards everything American in this country,and more to the point,it has become entrenched within our young,and that my friends,is your loss. On this happy note....good to be back.:)
                  Two words.

Celine Dion.

"A revenge is a dish best served cold" - Old Klingon proverb.

Seriously, welcome back!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the tree. Has the bike been fixed.

On to the jist of your post.

Why would the US really want to build a cross country pipe, through the food belt, to ship crude to refineries that are running at around 97% at present?

Someone with brains halted the thing for studies. Hopefully they will kill it.

Why don't you all build your own refineries and sell the finished product to us?

Comment

Why don't you all build your own refineries and sell the finished product to us?
                      It will be Canadian, not US jobs. If they build it, will be Canadian AND US jobs.

Have I missed something?
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                        Sorry to hear about the tree. Has the bike been fixed.

On to the jist of your post.

Why would the US really want to build a cross country pipe, through the food belt, to ship crude to refineries that are running at around 97% at present?

Someone with brains halted the thing for studies. Hopefully they will kill it.

Turn right sell to Asia. America's loss and one it will regret later.

All these greenies that helped kill it piss me off. Do they not realise how all that organic food arrives at their city market? Asparagus, tomatoes and all the other vegetables they love to eat are not year round produce. I also find electric cars laughable. According to this website America's electricity is %54 coal burning power....... Yet nuclear is evil too even though it does not pump all that crap in the air.

Coal generates 54% of our electricity, and is the single biggest air polluter in the U.S. | Union of Concerned Scientists

Wiki says %44

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_po..._United_States

Still a butt load.

I also notice how many of the greenies live in the city. I wonder how they would do with all the lights turned off.

I'm not too worried, we have loads of oil in Canada and we can find a buyer easily. If they would rather not buy from a close friend and ally and stay in bed with the multiple scum bag countries that make up the Middle East that is their choice.

Oil reserves statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Energy

That oil sand belt is massive and when compared to the Middle East we have not even begun extraction. When places like Saudi Arabia has been bled dry we will still have our oil and be selling it elsewhere.

Gun Grape, in order to process our own we would need a much bigger pool of workers which we don't really have. Every time Alberta oil booms they struggle to find people to work it.

I know this is wiki but it gives you an idea of the Alberta Oil sands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves_in_Canada

It also says we potentially have eight times the oil of Saudi Arabia.
                        Last edited by Repatriated Canuck; 14 Nov 11,, 17:44.
                        Originally posted by GVChamp
                        College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

If this hurts Canada in the least bit I am ok with it...

We don't need their dirty-ass people running a dirty-ass pipeline full of their dirty-ass oil through our sacred soil...
                          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

TransCanada says it will reroute planned pipeline - Boston.com

To my Canadian brtheren,

Okay, if another route can be found, why not do it?

Is this truly an all or none issue?

There has been too many instances of oil spills and damage to the environment without doing the full due dilligence on the matter.

As for the lack of workers...I freely admit I know nothing about the work permitting process in Canada but with the economic issues of today do really think it would be a problem to find the labor force to build refineries in Canada? Look at North Dakota...the oil boom there has people flocking in for jobs. I can imagine the winters are about the same so that wouldn't be an issue.

As for coal...I would love for us to go away from its use. I worked in an underground coal mine in college (UMWA Local 31, Fairmont, WV) and have seen what happens with the newer methods of coal production. Mountain top removal destroys the land, period. Huge swaths of West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Kentucky have been ruined. I would love to move away from it, but we are not there yet. When it comes to energy sources my answer is All Of The Above, renewable and otherwise.

As for some peoples contempt for electric cars, why?

They make sense in a lot of uses. Again, the technology is not fully there on a mass production ability but there is great potential. That attitude is like standing at Kitty Hawk and saying, "Yeah, but it only carries 1 guy!"
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              TransCanada says it will reroute planned pipeline - Boston.com

To my Canadian brtheren,

Okay, if another route can be found, why not do it?

Is this truly an all or none issue?

There has been too many instances of oil spills and damage to the environment without doing the full due dilligence on the matter.

As for the lack of workers...I freely admit I know nothing about the work permitting process in Canada but with the economic issues of today do really think it would be a problem to find the labor force to build refineries in Canada? Look at North Dakota...the oil boom there has people flocking in for jobs. I can imagine the winters are about the same so that wouldn't be an issue.

As for coal...I would love for us to go away from its use. I worked in an underground coal mine in college (UMWA Local 31, Fairmont, WV) and have seen what happens with the newer methods of coal production. Mountain top removal destroys the land, period. Huge swaths of West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Kentucky have been ruined. I would love to move away from it, but we are not there yet. When it comes to energy sources my answer is All Of The Above, renewable and otherwise.

As for some peoples contempt for electric cars, why?

They make sense in a lot of uses. Again, the technology is not fully there on a mass production ability but there is great potential. That attitude is like standing at Kitty Hawk and saying, "Yeah, but it only carries 1 guy!"

I can't plug an electric car into a tree when I'm out bush.

Canadians don't like to move to the prairies even if there is loads of work. The only one who really seem mobile for work reasons are Newfoundlanders. Other than me of course, I'm no fool and want a good life so I go where the dollars are. From the Western Australian desert to the Canadian Arctic. I'll work there.
                              Originally posted by GVChamp
                              College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X