2012 election predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highsea View Post
    I already have bets with astralis and Rosie, $20 phone cards for the troops.

They have Obama, I have the field. :)
    Great! Who else wants in? I'm gonna wait until the Republicans actually pick a contender before I place my bet
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Sounds like a cool idea!

A minimum 100 bucks donated by the losers to any of these charities:

Military Charity Associations | Military.com

And the winner gets to boast for a month!

My prediction:

Obama Wins.

Repubs take over the Senate.

Repubs expand the lead in the House.
      Last edited by YellowFever; 26 Oct 11,, 00:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
        Ante up.
        Well? What do you bet?
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
          Sounds like a cool idea!

A minimum 100 bucks donated by the losers to any of these charities:

Military Charity Associations | Military.com

And the winner gets to boast for a month!

My prediction:

Obama Wins.

Repubs take over the Senate.

Repubs expand the lead in the House.
          There's no minimum, people are free to bet whatever they feel comfortable with. I've got you down for $100 though

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
            There's no minimum, people are free to bet whatever they feel comfortable with. I've got you down for $100 though
            You're on.

But if we really want to be sadistic, we can make the losers SKYPE with tankie......

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
              My prediction:

Obama loses by the largest electoral margin since Carter's spanking in 1980.
              Repubs take Senate, but do not get a 60 seat threshold.
              Repubs hold House, but lose a few seats.
              Don't Dems have the advantage when the economy is down ?

Why do I get the impression your prediction is based on who you want to win rather than think will win.

Am a bit hesitant to predict who will win because i got the last four spectacularly wrong

Though i realised with the last one that the repubs had no chance after the crisis hit a cpl of months earlier. Thats my reason for why the Repubs lost the last one.

Comment

I'm betting 100 NIS ($27.45 at last trading today), but like I said, gonna wait to see who's actually running first

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                  You're on.

But if we really want to be sadistic, we can make the losers SKYPE with tankie......
                  And if you really want to make the punishment harsh... well give him booze
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    No, the incumbent suffers when an economy is bad, Dem or 'Pub.

Comment

Well, then i hope highsea is right, another 4 years of dealing with Dems is going to be trying.

Comment

So lay down a bet

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                          Well? What do you bet?
                          Let me just update to this page: 5 extra Chips Ahoy packs to care package headed for Marine buddies in Japan.
                          "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                            we oughta set up some sort WAB betting mechanism, lol.
                            9% tax on winnings, lol
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Election predictions:

El Comerade Presidente: Republican because the VAST majority is as sick of Obama as they were of Bush (yes folks, Americans prefer shaved

Congress: House remains Republican, Senate remains Democrat.

Overall result: Not a bloody pickin thing. All things stay the same because Congress won't unlock to do anything for either party (as if either party were 100% correct). Our taxes increase, our pay decreases, the rich get richer, the poor keep eating leftover dirt from last tuesday.

IMHO Government will remain an impotent entity until we, the people finally get off our lethargic asses and change it.
                              sigpic

Comment

How'd that work out for them in 2010?

Why do I get the impression your prediction is based on who you want to win rather than think will win.
                                Well, your impression is your impression, but... My prediction is based on the electoral counts and the seats up for grabs. Although comparing to 1980 might be a little of an exaggeration, lol.

Obama stands to lose a lot of swing states in 2012 that he won in 2008. Virginia, Ohio, Florida, Missouri, North Carolina, Indiana. There's 100+ electoral votes in those 6 states alone. He'll hold the Northeast and the West Coast, and maybe Colorado and New Mexico. Arizona and Nevada could easily go against him. There are some other states that he could lose that he won last time- Iowa and Indiana are not solidly blue by any stretch.

The 2010 mid-term put us right back to the 2000 district balance, and the 2010 census will shift that balance even more to the GOP, since northeastern blue states and great lakes rust-belt states are losing electoral votes to southern red states.

Also, there are twice as many dem seats up for re-election in the Senate than repub seats in 2012. In 2010 it was even, and repubs still picked up 6 or 7 seats. So 2012 could be a total ass-kicking for dems in the Senate.

Though i realised with the last one that the repubs had no chance after the crisis hit a cpl of months earlier. Thats my reason for why the Repubs lost the last one.
                                Bush fatigue and a media that was totally in the tank for Obama...A lot of conservatives sat out 2008.

Now we have Obama fatigue and a failure to turn the economy around, and an electorate that is still pissed off about Obamacare. And you can be sure conservatives won't be sitting this one out. ;)
                                "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Working...
                                X