Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the hell did this great article EVER get into print at the New York Times?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the hell did this great article EVER get into print at the New York Times?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/op...bork.html?_r=1

Anybody else remember this disgusting episode but me? I'll never forget it, and it was just one more example of the unfitness of an entire political party to ever be respectable.

The only point I disagree with in the article is that the Bork nomination's low-down, dirty murder was the beginning of the horrendous mis-deeds of the Democrats, and the breakdown in comity and mutual regard that the parties should have had for each other. The Democrats have been doing equally disgusting things for much longer. They seem to lack any shame for ANY of it, and continue to this day to commit acts so rank that I now think there is absolutely nothing at all they won't do to achieve and maintain power, for its own sake.

I loathe 'em. I have good reason to. Because I remember the gross violations of decency that they not only show no remorse for, they actually, if you can imagine that many people being so morally bankrupt, they positively congratulate themselves for getting away with it.

Who doesn't see it yet? Who here is still a proud Democrat?
    Last edited by Bluesman; 23 Oct 11,, 22:30.

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
    ...Anybody else remember this disgusting episode but me? I'll never forget I, and it was just one more example of the unfitness of an entire political party to ever be respectable.
    Yep, I remember.

They tried character assasination on Clarence Thomas too. Almost succeeded that time as well.
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/op...bork.html?_r=1 Who here is still a proud Democrat?

Yo.
      [raises hand]
      Trust me?
      I'm an economist!

Comment

Really. You're comfortable and content being what you are, then, are you? And you're aware of what that says about you, and you're not in any way ashamed or reluctant to admit it straight up like that?

Well, I suppose that makes you an intersting and colorful character, at least, and not some boring face-in-the-mainstream-crowd, and I bet that's important to you, isn't it? To be NOTICED, even if you're not actually note-worthy, to be unignorable, even if you're undistinguished? Are those things positive in and of themselves to you, like the attention-seeking adolescent with a faceful of piercings or a badly cut head of strangely colored hair, or a naughty phrase on a t-shirt, all designed to shock the Mundanes, and shout that you're no conformist, even if you don't have any accomplishments or abilities that might actually earn you positive attention, so you go with what you can pull off, the outward signs of 'hey, look at ME!'? Is that kinda 'you', and does it explain your willingness to admit that you've joined up with a gang of amoral and ruthless seekers after power?

Well, okay then, if it IS your point, I grant it to you with this post in reply to the ever-so-provocative post of yours. We're all suitably shocked, and you've made your impression. Good job.

Comment

Really. You're comfortable and content being what you are, then, are you? And you're aware of what that says about you, and you're not in any way ashamed or reluctant to admit it straight up like that?

Well, I suppose that makes you an intersting and colorful character, at least, and not some boring face-in-the-mainstream-crowd, and I bet that's important to you, isn't it? To be NOTICED, even if you're not actually note-worthy, to be unignorable, even if you're undistinguished? Are those things positive in and of themselves to you, like the attention-seeking adolescent with a faceful of piercings or a badly cut head of strangely colored hair, or a naughty phrase on a t-shirt, all designed to shock the Mundanes, and shout that you're no conformist, even if you don't have any accomplishments or abilities that might actually earn you positive attention, so you go with what you can pull off, the outward signs of 'hey, look at ME!'? Is that kinda 'you', and does it explain your willingness to admit that you've joined up with a gang of amoral and ruthless seekers after power?

Well, okay then, if it IS your point, I grant it to you with this post in reply to the ever-so-provocative post of yours. We're all suitably shocked, and you've made your impression. Good job.
          I'm seeing a great irony in you saying this while using the Bork case to start the thread..

Comment

one, it's the best newspaper in the world, two i'm not surprised but really Bluesman you are going to tell me the folks who so hate the CIC they refused to credit our servicemen in the fall of Quadaffi are somehow better?
            Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
            ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by RollingWave View Post
              I'm seeing a great irony in you saying this while using the Bork case to start the thread..
              Not seeing the irony there, myself. Are you sure you're using the right word? Perhaps your spluttering indignation has rendered you incapable of clarity. Well, I hope you are soon recovered and restored to the full power of your writing abilities, and can soon deliver the biting ripostes and brilliant bon mots that you are no doubt famous for. Until that time, I will be crouched in a state of terror, dreading your inevitable re-ascent to the commanding heights of WAB intellectual dominance.

See ya when you get here, Corky.
              Last edited by Bluesman; 24 Oct 11,, 16:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
                one, it's the best newspaper in the world,
                Best at what?

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                  Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
                  one, it's the best newspaper in the world,
                  Best at what?
                  Making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

"Nature abhors a moron." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

What I find astonishing is how you manage to cram so many unsupported cliches into one empty post, and then draw erronous conclusions based on your false assumptions.
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                      What I find astonishing is how you manage to cram so many unsupported cliches into one empty post, and then draw erronous conclusions based on your false assumptions.
                      You'll get used to it.
                      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

When it comes to discussion with other members we have certain rules. These apply to everyone, even you no matter how much you disagree with another person. You know that, and yet you keep breaking them over and over again (and not just in the post above). So we'll give you a week vacation to decide if you want to play by the rules from now on. If you do, you are more than welcome to stay.

Comment

Working...
                        X