No announcement yet.

Southern Border Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great post Lucien. Pulls no punches, tells it like it is.
    It all boils down to a t-shirt I saw one of those Minutemen wearing

What part of illegal don't they get?
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
      Another great post Lucien.
      The post is okay...now that I've added a few more comments to it and made clearer some of the things I had already written.
      "If I see further than other men, it is because I stand upon the shoulders of giants."

Comment

"Be a little kinder to Mexicans, they are nice people."

F them.

Comment

Hey, lets take this back to reality. Personally, I really don't care whether you shoot the bastards at the border with your Walmart bought guns or not. Or, ship these lawbreakers back to Guadalhajra in a Greyhound bus. My point is just don't blame the Mexicans for coming over here because George Bush won't enforce the law! George Bush is the one who let all these guys into the country. As Governor of Texas he did nothing to stop it, and actually liked it to get votes. As President, he wants to legalize all of the ones here! Yes guys, that's 20,000,000 illegals that George wants to legalize! So why should a Mexican or an American care since the president wants them legal?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
            Hey, lets take this back to reality. Personally, I really don't care whether you shoot the bastards at the border with your Walmart bought guns or not. Or, ship these lawbreakers back to Guadalhajra in a Greyhound bus. My point is just don't blame the Mexicans for coming over here because George Bush won't enforce the law! George Bush is the one who let all these guys into the country. As Governor of Texas he did nothing to stop it, and actually liked it to get votes. As President, he wants to legalize all of the ones here! Yes guys, that's 20,000,000 illegals that George wants to legalize! So why should a Mexican or an American care since the president wants them legal?
            Because.

It's.

Against.

The.

Law.

-dale

Comment

Just because Bush doesn't care enough to enforce it, doesn't mean Americans doesn't. That's where the Minutemen are coming in.

American citizens have every right to defend their country if they are being violated....and we are.

Comment

I just heard a news report saying that they are only allowed to notify border patrol of the illegals, not confront them themselves.

-dale

Comment

Technically, any US citizen has the right to perform a citizens arrest, so they could detain them if they felt it neccesary.

BTW: This group has already saved one mexicans life since this operation started. They found a man unconscious, dehydrated, and emaciated along the mexico/US border. He was given first aid, revived, and turned over to the US Border patrol. He's already been deported.

Comment

By ARTHUR H. ROTSTEIN, Associated Press Writer

TOMBSTONE, Ariz. - Volunteers who have converged on the Mexican border to watch for illegal immigrants are disrupting U.S. Border Patrol operations by unwittingly tripping sensors that alert agents to possible intruders, an agency spokesman complained Monday.
                    Scores of participants in the Minuteman Project began assembling late last week and planned to begin regular patrols on Monday, in an exercise some law enforcement authorities and civil rights groups fear will result in vigilante violence. Many of the volunteers were recruited over the Internet, and some planned to be armed.
                    Over the past few days, they have set off sensors, forcing agents to respond to false alarms, said Supervisory Border Patrol Agent Jose Maheda.
                    "Every sensor has to be addressed," Maheda said. "It's taken away from our normal operations."
                    The volunteers planned to start fanning out Monday across 23 miles of the San Pedro Valley to watch the border and report any illegal activity to federal agents.
                    The idea, according to project organizers, is partly to draw attention to problems on the Arizona-Mexico border, considered the most porous stretch of the 2,000-mile southern border. Of the 1.1 million illegal immigrants caught by the Border Patrol last year, 51 percent crossed into the country at the Arizona border.
                    Jim Coniglio of Tucson, who plans to patrol with other volunteers this week, said residents in some areas of the border have complained of being "overrun routinely" by migrants. "They're feeling insecure," he said.
                    The Border Patrol opposes the operation. "The possibility for something going drastically wrong is very high," Maheda said.

Incidentally, that guy Sniper mentioned just wandered right into a Minuteman camp, looking for food and water. If only all incidents will be that easy
                    Last edited by TopHatter; 04 Apr 05,, 22:35.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

"Volunteers who have converged on the Mexican border to watch for illegal immigrants are disrupting U.S. Border Patrol operations by unwittingly tripping sensors that alert agents to possible intruders, an agency spokesman complained Monday. "

The Minutemen are operating a full 1 mile from the border.

So that claim strikes me as BULLPOOPY right off the get-go.

PS: The report i read said they found the dude out cold. Just goes to show you that scouts 1st reports really are always wrong, lol. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                        By ARTHUR H. ROTSTEIN, Associated Press Writer

TOMBSTONE, Ariz. - Volunteers who have converged on the Mexican border to watch for illegal immigrants are disrupting U.S. Border Patrol operations by unwittingly tripping sensors that alert agents to possible intruders, an agency spokesman complained Monday.
                        Scores of participants in the Minuteman Project began assembling late last week and planned to begin regular patrols on Monday, in an exercise some law enforcement authorities and civil rights groups fear will result in vigilante violence. Many of the volunteers were recruited over the Internet, and some planned to be armed.
                        Over the past few days, they have set off sensors, forcing agents to respond to false alarms, said Supervisory Border Patrol Agent Jose Maheda.
                        "Every sensor has to be addressed," Maheda said. "It's taken away from our normal operations."
                        The volunteers planned to start fanning out Monday across 23 miles of the San Pedro Valley to watch the border and report any illegal activity to federal agents.
                        The idea, according to project organizers, is partly to draw attention to problems on the Arizona-Mexico border, considered the most porous stretch of the 2,000-mile southern border. Of the 1.1 million illegal immigrants caught by the Border Patrol last year, 51 percent crossed into the country at the Arizona border.
                        Jim Coniglio of Tucson, who plans to patrol with other volunteers this week, said residents in some areas of the border have complained of being "overrun routinely" by migrants. "They're feeling insecure," he said.
                        The Border Patrol opposes the operation. "The possibility for something going drastically wrong is very high," Maheda said.

Incidentally, that guy Sniper mentioned just wandered right into a Minuteman camp, looking for food and water. If only all incidents will be that easy
                        Its actually not that uncommon, my uncle is a cop in a Texas county not that far from the border (El Paso County Sheriff's Dept.) and he says they get calls all the time from illegals who just give up and wander to the nearest home and turn themselves in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
                          George Bush is the one who let all these guys into the country
                          Really? LOL
                          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

If half a million illegals waltz across the border every year, the sensors are not doing their job anyway.
                            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Nice post and all.

"Yes, many are friendly--and that admission is completely irrelevant. Yes, they are "laid back." And that's the problem. We don't need "laid back" people coming to this country. That laid back attitude is the reason why every single Latino culture suffers from varying degrees of social, economic, and political turmoil. People get the culture and government that they deserve. If these people are dissatisfied with the outlook in their countries, be it because of abuse or corruption, then they need to work for a better country instead of pulling up stakes. In doing the latter, they are simply attempting to capitalize on the hard work of others that built this country. They take the easy way out--the coward's way out."

Dammit I agree with everything but the government bit.

The Latins pretty much got the governments we wanted them to have.
                              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by troung
                                Dammit I agree with everything but the government bit.

The Latins pretty much got the governments we wanted them to have.

Cute.

And how many decades (or even centuries) are they permitted to claim that they are victims of American imperialism?

Then, again, Arabs have been victimized for some EIGHT THOUSAND YEARS by their brethren (and by their own apathy and cowardice), but have found a convenient fall guy in the form of the United States based upon the past FIFTY YEARS of American conduct on the international stage.

Ain't rationalization and willful blindness such a grand gift that one can bestow upon oneself?
                                "If I see further than other men, it is because I stand upon the shoulders of giants."

Comment

Working...
                                X