Gaddaffi killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InExile View Post
    I think that it is a shame; Gaddafi on trial would have been.....interesting.
    Interesting or not , it would have been an expensive exercise which would have ended with the same result , cost of a trial =megabucks to lawyers , 1 , 9mm bullet one shilling . No contest .

What has gaddafi n Rock Hudson got in common

They both died after being shot up the sewage pipe :whome:

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
      Well, they chased Saddam down and he saw a trial being hung shortly thereafter by his own people. It took them a much longer time to find Saddam. Its my guess that Daffy would have met the same fate but apparently it was not to be and someone took justice into their own hands.
      Given all the death and suffering this character caused - I'd say he got off easy... But if there is a hell, he'll get the rest of what he has coming there.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

(AGI) Los Angeles - During the decades in power, Muammar Gaddafi purloined and transferred abroad funds from the State coffers. The funds amounted to a total of over 200 billion Dollars or 144 billion Euros. The news was reported by the daily newspaper 'The Los Angeles Times'. The sum is twice as high as the one presumed up to now, and twice as high as the North African country's total annual economy before the recent conflict. .
        Greece would kill for 1/2 of that. Where are those $200 bn?
        Last edited by Doktor; 22 Oct 11,, 18:56.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by InExile View Post
          I think that it is a shame; Gaddafi on trial would have been.....interesting.
          Defnitely, but more important is this is a bad portent for the future, its a bad start.

The major factor that kicked this off was the potential of HR violations in Benghazi. Not unemployment or economy like the other two neighbours.

So what does the resistance do ?, they kill him & his son, execution style on the streets. They don't try to show they are different or better than Gaddafi. No court, justice, nothing.

Exactly what detractors, from the very start of this intervention will point to as replacing one tyrant with another and the west helped in it.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 22 Oct 11,, 20:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
            Defnitely, but more important is this is a bad portent for the future, its a bad start.

The major factor that kicked this off was the potential of HR violations in Benghazi. Not unemployment or economy like the other two neighbours.

So what does the resistance do ?, they kill him & his son, execution style on the streets. They don't try to show they are different or better than Gaddafi. No court, justice, nothing.

Exactly what detractors, from the very start of this intervention will point to as replacing one tyrant with another and the west helped in it.
            In an ideal world Gafaffi would have been put on trial, faced his people and the consequences of the last 40 plus years. In the heat of the battle, with an army of untrained fighters, probably no orders of what to do if he was captured, there was only going to be one outcome.

Comment

It started as a farce and it ended grotesquely.One would shoot him just for the fame.A trial might have been interesting,but there was no way he would have stayed alive.''Heat of battle'' or just plain,mundane ''accidents'' happen all the time.Anyway,why waste money on a kangaroo court?

Now,given that we have the great victory,it's time for the civil war.I smell a good bussiness for PMC's,right along the usual carpetbaggers doing the reconstruction,getting the new and profitable contracts,overvalued 10 times.The average Abdul will get the shaft.But hey,now he's free.Has no idea what freedom is about,but I'm quite sure a new Switzerland will rise from the desert.Soon,in the next geological era
              Those who know don't speak
              He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post

Now,given that we have the great victory,it's time for the civil war.I smell a good bussiness for PMC's,right along the usual carpetbaggers doing the reconstruction,getting the new and profitable contracts,overvalued 10 times.
                "Dear Mr new President, don't forget the countries that helped you over the last eight months and as the UK needs oil, and because we are as poor as church mice, an oil field or two would be lovely"

...love: David Cameron ;)

Comment

To be fair,I didn't bothered with oil.Too mundane and we're gentlemen here(Tankie 's excluded,of course).But just for the infrastructure,re-arming the Libyan army,restoring the damaged cities etc... So ''Mr President won't you buy both EF Typhoons and Rafales;just 800 millions apiece;pennies to be realistic,but will spare 20 millions for your own prosperity''.No letter though,since these are chats on scotch,during the first bilateral meetings promoting human rights and freedoms.
                  Those who know don't speak
                  He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Under Gaddafi rule electricity, water, natural gas, education, health services, drugs... were free, 1 litre oil was 0,8 euro... Oil incomes of Libya were used for Lybians. I hope Libyans prosperity and life quality increas after Gaddafi.

He could escaped to abroad. But he died in his country as he promissed. He was dictator, moron and many other bad stuff.. But i think the presentation the arena mentality show, about his dead in sewage pipe as it was played for Saddan is sad for 21th century.

Comment

Originally posted by isim View Post
                      Under Gaddafi rule electricity, water, natural gas, education, health services, drugs... were free, 1 litre oil was 0,8 euro... Oil incomes of Libya were used for Lybians. I hope Libyans prosperity and life quality increas after Gaddafi.

He could escaped to abroad. But he died in his country as he promissed. He was dictator, moron and many other bad stuff.. But i think the presentation the arena mentality show, about his dead in sewage pipe as it was played for Saddan is sad for 21th century.
                      I agree it would have been better if the rebels who found him had kept him alive to stand trial. I fault the NTO for not communicating this to the rebels beforehand. On the other hand, we still don't know the full story. They say he was found wounded which is consistent with an air attack on his convoy. Perhaps at 70 years of age and experiencing the trauma of capture, he died of his wounds. Pictures since then don't show physical abuse beyond the two wounds he was initially reported to have when discovered.

As for his generosity to Libyans, it doesn't give him a pass for brutally suppressing dissent, denying his people opportunities for advancement, presiding over massive unemployment, and plundering Libya's wealth for himself and his family. Finally, for killing his own countrymen for daring to march in peaceful protest to demand greater political freedom, he showed himself to have no concern for the people's welfare. "Rats" he called them.
                      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Working...
                      X