Obama's automated overkill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's automated overkill

For those of you who don't already know, I lost my father to Cancer in July of this year. Dad was a retired Army Lt Colonel and had served in both the Korean and Vietnam wars. He was buried with full military honors.

Now comes Obama's fiasco. These past few months I've been helping mom get all her paperwork done and turned in for survivor benefits, etc. There's a ton of it but we've mowed it down quite nicely and the county vet services officer has been a tremendous help. Everything has been going along nicely until 3 days ago - when 3 (count 'em, THREE) certificates of appreciation arrived for mom thanking her for Dad's service, all signed rubber-stamp style by Comrade Obama. Mom thought that was pretty cool - and maybe the three were done in triplicate or something, and thought no more of it...that is, until yesterday.. 8 (count 'em again, EIGHT) more arrived. Same certificate, same stupid rubber stamp, same words. Mom realizes now it was a machine error somewhere and that all these certificates are worth less than the paper they were printed upon.

C'Mon Obama. WTF? Your guys can't spot a glitch after ELEVEN of these rubber stamped pieces of crap are sent out?

I'm calling the waste, fraud, and abuse hotline...
    sigpic

BB:

Hadn't heard of your father's passing. My condolences.

The blizzard of certificates must be depressing. It cheapens the whole idea of expressing appreciation. The confetti approach to awards and certificates predates Obama but seems to have gotten worse than when I worked at DoD. Skip the waste, fraud people and contact Army Public Affairs at the Pentagon. Say you're writing an article. They'll put out a formal query to the office that handles certificates and you'll get some answers and maybe get them to tighten up.
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

BB61Vet,

All my sympathies on the loss of your father. I am sorry they are adding this nonsense to an already difficult situation.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
      X