Yachtsman eaten by cannibals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yachtsman eaten by cannibals

I hope this poor guy gave all who ate him a severe dose of the shits , bastards

A round-the-world sailor is feared to have been eaten by cannibals during a visit to a South Sea island, according to the Daily Mail. Remains found in the embers of a camp fire are believed to be those of 40-year-old business adviser Stefan Ramin. He apparently arranged to go on a traditional goat hunt in the forest after dropping anchor at Nuku Hiva in French Polynesia.

His girlfriend Heike Dorsch, 37, says she saw him depart with a local guide, named as Henri Haiti. Only the guide returned, she says, and he told her: ‘There's been an accident. He needs help.'

Before she could rush into the forest, however, she claims Haiti chained her to a tree and sexually abused her. She managed to escape hours later to alert authorities and they began a seven-day search for Mr Ramin.

Last week, the ashes were found in a valley by a squad of 22 police officers. Among the embers were bones including a jaw bone, teeth and melted metal - believed to be fillings.

Investigators believe a ‘human body was hacked to pieces and burned'. Haiti is missing and soldiers from the French overseas territory have joined police in the hunt for him.

The remains were flown to a hospital in Papeete, the capital of French Polynesia, and from there to Paris for DNA analysis to prove whether they are all that is left of Mr Ramin.

It was in 2008 that Mr Ramin, from Haselau in Schleswig-Holstein, northern Germany, set out to sail the world in a catamaran with Miss Dorsch.
    Last month they dropped anchor in Nuku Hiva, largest of the Marquesas islands which over the centuries have featured in many reports of cannibalism.

Mr Ramin and Miss Heike began their travels in 2008 and dropped anchor in Nuku Hiva last month.

Nuku Hiva has a population of just over 2,000 and featured in the stories of Herman Melville, author of Moby Dick.

Actually, it was probably just plain murder and an attempt to get rid of the corpse by burning it.

Comment

Well...his name IS Ramin.....

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
        Actually, it was probably just plain murder and an attempt to get rid of the corpse by burning it.
        Lets hope that that is the sad case , however the feet on the ground reckon the dinner gong had been hit , a notorious island for cannibalism , the Q remains tho , why was she not killed, maybe they were full and didnt fancy pudding so had sex instead

Comment

Would it not have been easier to have buried him in the forest and have a better chance of the body going undiscovered. Sounds like Henri ain't to bright. As they only found human partial remains mixed with animal bones I assume the police are looking for a 30 stone cannibal.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
            Well...his name IS Ramin.....
            Was.

Comment

I guess the entire island is after this guy... after this dude ate this guy? what do you think the punishment will be? does the European justice system give life in prison? ;) I know it varies between countries

quick question! though, why did he pick that guy over her? I mean if I was around cannibals.. I definitely would not want to be a pretty girl in the middle of the island... that is some sick stuff. never heard or seen stuff like that before.
              Last edited by Dago; 18 Oct 11,, 17:49.
              sigpic

Comment

Shrug

That's what you get when "normal" travel destinations aren't good enough anymore.

My govt. gets severe headaches regularly from citizens who take huge travel risks *1).

When the govt. advices negatively or tries to mildly discourage it beforehand, they are the intrusive nanny state. :pari:

Of course when afterwards when everything has gone hugely wrong, the same people get pissed off when the govt. hesitates to spend large sums to fix the situation.:bang:

*1) Stuff like:
                - Travelling on motorcycle through Algeria, right after there has been a civil war where entire villages have been slaughtered and getting kidnapped.
                - Diving with sharks in some exotic locale and expecting the govt. to immediately fly them back to a European hospital should they get bitten.
                - Or for instance US tourists who have to go Iraq and wandered across the border of Iran.
                Etc., etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
                  That's what you get when "normal" travel destinations aren't good enough anymore.

My govt. gets severe headaches regularly from citizens who take huge travel risks *1).

When the govt. advices negatively or tries to mildly discourage it beforehand, they are the intrusive nanny state. :pari:

Of course when afterwards when everything has gone hugely wrong, the same people get pissed off when the govt. hesitates to spend large sums to fix the situation.:bang:

*1) Stuff like:
                  - Travelling on motorcycle through Algeria, right after there has been a civil war where entire villages have been slaughtered and getting kidnapped.
                  - Diving with sharks in some exotic locale and expecting the govt. to immediately fly them back to a European hospital should they get bitten.
                  - Or for instance US tourists who have to go Iraq and wandered across the border of Iran.
                  Etc., etc.
                  There are some silly people who really push the bounds of sensibility. Anyone rescued from the about should be presented with a hefty bill.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                    Anyone rescued from the about should be presented with a hefty bill.
                    The bill in Germany depends on the case and is always symbolic. Lowest in the last decade were a couple guys freed by Algerian military and flown back to Germany (1092 Euro each for flight and paperwork), highest was a woman rescued in Columbia (12640 Euro for a local helicopter flight, flight to Germany and paperwork). Any other cost (e.g. for police deployed to the site) is usually not levied on the abductee.

Comment

Agree. I'd put money on it.

Whenever something happens in the South Pacific, some idiot journo is bound to yell cannibalism. Morons.

Nuka Hiva isn't some high-risk place like Iraq. Yachties have been going there for decades. It's the standard landfall when you go to French Polynesia from North America. Cabo to Nuka Hiva is the longest leg in a circumnav, about 30 days for a typical cruising sailboat.
                      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                        Agree. I'd put money on it.

Whenever something happens in the South Pacific, some idiot journo is bound to yell cannibalism. Morons.

Nuka Hiva isn't some high-risk place like Iraq. Yachties have been going there for decades. It's the standard landfall when you go to French Polynesia from North America. Cabo to Nuka Hiva is the longest leg in a circumnav, about 30 days for a typical cruising sailboat.
                        Yes I agree it was a murder but murder with drama and mystic sells more papers plus it puts the little known Nuka Hiva on the map.

Comment

Cannibalism was practiced in living memory all over the South Pacific islands. I believe this was an act of cannibalism and being so remote I doubt this man and his friends ever thought anyone would bother to come looking or if they did actually find them.
                          Originally posted by GVChamp
                          College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Repatriated Canuck View Post
                            Cannibalism was practiced in living memory all over the South Pacific islands. I believe this was an act of cannibalism and being so remote I doubt this man and his friends ever thought anyone would bother to come looking or if they did actually find them.
                            Oh stop it.

Nuka Hiva isn't that remote. There are flights in every day. It's a common destination, of course his friends would wonder what happened to him. There are resort hotels on the island.

Cannibals don't wear Maui Jim sunglasses...
                            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                              Cannibals don't wear Maui Jim sunglasses...
                              You don't eat everything from the cow, you put the horns on the Buick. And that guy is not actually wearing them ;)
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                              X