Yachtsman eaten by cannibals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No A1? For shame.:whome:
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
      That's what you get when "normal" travel destinations aren't good enough anymore.
      You might have an argument if he'd actually gotten in trouble in some godforsaken war zone or been hit by pirates in a known problem area, but this was a place that has been run by France for 150 years. It isn't exactly on the 'adventure tourism' or 'poverty tourism' trail. You would probably have less reason to fear for you safety there than I would have during my recent trip to the US. Whatever the circumstances (and the 'cannibalism angle sounds like sensationalism at this stage) they were damned unlucky, not stupid (well, not stupid about his - sailing around the world is another question).
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I find it amazing that there are still people who go yachting of the coast of Somalia and East Africa. And then it's all "omg pirates help!!!1"...

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
          I find it amazing that there are still people who go yachting of the coast of Somalia and East Africa. And then it's all "omg pirates help!!!1"...
          Agreed. I wouldn't take a private vessel through the Malacca Strait either (unless it was heavily armed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
            Now that's exactly right. We had a couple from Seattle and 2 of their friends killed earlier this year by Somali pirates.

You go places like that, you're asking for it.
            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

You might have an argument if he'd actually gotten in trouble in some godforsaken war zone or been hit by pirates in a known problem area, but this was a place that has been run by France for 150 years.
              Point taken.

OK so we have 1 cannibal not a group of cannibals, which really isn't a cannibal, but instead a murderer and a rapist, who tried to hide the evidence.

I can see that the Daily Mail spares no expense in hiring some of the finest reporters available.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                Now that's exactly right. We had a couple from Seattle and 2 of their friends killed earlier this year by Somali pirates.

You go places like that, you're asking for it.
                Strange.I'd love to visit such places,meet new and interesting people.I also heard some high velocity bullets pass through skinnies without expanding and I'd like to check.I'd satisfy 2 of my curiosities with only one trip.Isn't it a bargain?
                Whose in?
                Those who know don't speak
                He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                  Oh stop it.

Nuka Hiva isn't that remote. There are flights in every day. It's a common destination, of course his friends would wonder what happened to him. There are resort hotels on the island.

Cannibals don't wear Maui Jim sunglasses...

I've heard jokes from Maori about them all being big because they ate all the small ones. Tongans, Fijians, Samoans, Cook Islanders all ate people and that's a fact. The practice was still around for some people in living memory. Some people in the islands where not contacted until WWII and a few a bit later. All it takes is one sick nut to take legends about taking the persons power and we have a weird murder.

Also, you can fly to Yellowknife and onwards from here and I can tell you it's remote. All the Pacific Islands are more remote and when you get to them they feel like it too.

I'm betting this guy ate that dude and he's a complete nut.

I think I'm out of this thread now. I started doing research to support my claims and found way more evidence than I though possible including photo's........... omfg

All I can say is I'm right. Possibly not on this particular case but cannibalism in the Pacific Islands and Asia still happen not just living memory. Go look yourself I feel sick.
                  Last edited by Repatriated Canuck; 19 Oct 11,, 23:12.
                  Originally posted by GVChamp
                  College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Yum. Long pig. Britains only culinary gift to the world, Worcestershire Sauce, is recommended.
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                      Yum. Long pig. Britains only culinary gift to the world, Worcestershire Sauce, is recommended.
                      What about our jellied eels, whelks, toad in the hole, yorkshire pudding and rhubarb and custard. ;)

Comment

Beat me to the 'long pig' reference. To be fair, you have the heritage for it. ;)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          What about our jellied eels, whelks, toad in the hole, yorkshire pudding and rhubarb and custard. ;)
                          are Yorkshiremen English?

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                            Beat me to the 'long pig' reference. To be fair, you have the heritage for it. ;)
                            : Parihakablushesmodestly :

Leibniz

Comment

are Yorkshiremen English?
                              Nope ,

their motto is ,

see all hear all say nowt .

eat all drink all pay nowt .

Comment

Whoooooooooooooa there trigger , the guy was a kraut ,,, shoulda been served up with senf :slap:
                                Last edited by tankie; 20 Oct 11,, 09:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X