X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome, WT.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Welcome mate .

Comment

• Howdy War Toad

Hope you find a good home here.

Recommend you check out the following thread for hints and tips on how to have a productive time on the WAB.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=46580

Welcome!
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

• Just realised I hadn't replied to the message sent to me by Tarek.

Anyway...... Hi!

Comment

• Hi, Toby. Welcome. When did you get the message from Tarek?
            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
              Hi, Toby. Welcome. When did you get the message from Tarek?
              I believe it's automatic welcome message.

Welcome Toby.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                I believe it's automatic welcome message.
                Probably. Thanks, Dok.
                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Hey Toby. Welcome to the WAB.

Recommend you hit this page and review. We ask all new members to do so.

It will help you have a happy and productive stay at the WAB.

So what brought you here? What are your interests?
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                    Hey Toby. Welcome to the WAB.

Hi, I have not served my country in the military, Just a Tax payer.. :) I've always had an interest in military or Geo political subjects. I'm not one to accept what the News says although certain Journalists have my respect.....They're getting fewer and fewer though (probably my age is the problem).
                    I'm interested in all kinds of History mainly Roman, Byzantine, Venetian, British, 20th century and so on....I've been to the Alamo too, so I know some Texan history as well. As a kid very much into the 2nd WW..Had a Granddad who was in the Maritime AA on liberty boats, Oil tankers etc helping man the Bofors guns. Had a Great granddad in the 1st WW who is buried in France at Abbeville, Most Brits have somebody buried over there. I'm the relative with the responsibility of answering a question from the rest of the family on anything and everything war related....and I try very hard to get it right and not indulge in silly stories ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                      Hi, Toby. Welcome. When did you get the message from Tarek?
                      Hi, Yeh it came through as I joined. Just didn't realise at first. Busy at work, so it took me over a week before I realised it was there.

Comment

• Hey everyone! I registered with the hope of joining a community that has similar interests in international affairs. I look forward to chatting with you all! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Manuka View Post
                          Hey everyone! I registered with the hope of joining a community that has similar interests in international affairs. I look forward to chatting with you all! :)
                          Welcome Manuka. This community has so many views, hope you'll find yours and not stick blindly to it. Enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Manuka View Post
                            Hey everyone! I registered with the hope of joining a community that has similar interests in international affairs. I look forward to chatting with you all! :)

Howdy Manuka! Welcome to the WAB.

Mark Twain

Comment

• Welcome on board .

Comment

• Hi all,

I've been reading this board for about 2 years now, and have been meaning to make an account for about half of that. In truth, I can't see myself having too much to contribute, but there have been many occasions where I've had questions. Especially in the geopolitical topics.

I thoroughly enjoy history and geopolitics, but as stated earlier, I don't think I'm enough of an expert on either to be a consistent contributer. I had about a year and a half gap between undergraduate school and medical school where I thought I would have the opportunity to read a lot of books on history, instead, halfway through my gap I've found myself engrossed in the A Song of Ice and Fire series and learning about the stock market/investing.

I've greatly enjoyed reading this board through the election. It's been refreshing to read a message board that has a healthy population of people on both sides of the political spectrum that doesn't quickly devolve into a shouting match of political buzz-phrases. It's becoming increasingly rare to find groups of people with differing opinions that are willing to have a somewhat civil discussion with each other on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X