X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vodka View Post
    Hello, all!
    I'm an long-term lurker, who had finally overcome his laziness to register an account and introduce myself. Considering that most (all?) Russians on this boards were banned for trolling over Ukraine affairs, I find opposite point of view lacking in recent threads.

Little about myself:
    I was born and live in Moscow/Russia. I have Master degree in Economics, although I work as a senior software developer. I like to read articles on military equipment and foreign policies in my free time. I usally get my news from internet websites, using a mix of newsagencies from several countries (usually lenta.ru, bbc, cnn and unian.net).

Looking forward to improve my political education and rhetorical skills

Please, give me a grace time and dont hate me right away for being a Muscovite.

PS. Did I stole somebody's nickname? I got a creepy feeling that name "vodka" was already used by somebody some years ago.
    Welcome vodka!

Comment

• Vodka,

I will give you my promise. As long as you are being honest and not stupid, you will always have my support. Not being stupid means that you are willing to challenge other viewpoints as well as your own.

Look through my posting history. There are points when I more than willing to accept that I was wrong.
      Chimo

Comment

• Hello All.
        I've never really had an interest in World Affairs/Politics until I read an interesting book about 10 yrs ago.
        It opened my naive eyes to a few things. Since then I have developed and maintained an interest.
        I'm just an ordinary lady with a huge concern, which sometimes develops into actual fear that the World will be destroyed by those in power.
        As a result of access to the internet, I have come across some very outlandish and truly unbelievable claims/conspiracy theories. I am now overwhelmed and am not certain what to trust or believe.
        The reason I joined the forum is to interact with others who have a little more knowledge, experience and understanding.
        I'm also going stir crazy at home due to a wrecked knee which has made it difficult for me to get out.
        Really looking forward to getting some different perspectives.
        Thanks
        Sami

Comment

• PositiveOne

Welcome and we hope you will find the WAB an enlightening environment.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Welcome Sami aka Positive One. Enjoy.
            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by PositiveOne View Post
              Hello All.
              I've never really had an interest in World Affairs/Politics until I read an interesting book about 10 yrs ago.
              It opened my naive eyes to a few things. Since then I have developed and maintained an interest.
              I'm just an ordinary lady with a huge concern, which sometimes develops into actual fear that the World will be destroyed by those in power.
              As a result of access to the internet, I have come across some very outlandish and truly unbelievable claims/conspiracy theories. I am now overwhelmed and am not certain what to trust or believe.
              The reason I joined the forum is to interact with others who have a little more knowledge, experience and understanding.
              I'm also going stir crazy at home due to a wrecked knee which has made it difficult for me to get out.
              Thanks
              Sami
              Welcome Sami. We have strongly opinionated people here from all around the globe with our fair share of rough and tumble. No matter what your beliefs there will be people who you will vehemently disagree with but you'll make good friends as well. Enjoy.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• like ^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by PositiveOne View Post
                  Hello All.
                  Thanks
                  Sami

A delightful introduction, welcome. We often don't agree here but you will perhaps understand the alternatives better.

Comment

• Welcome Sami, aka +1.

Your knee won't hurt anymore, since you are about to have some headaches from all the angles here ;-)

Very nice intro you got there.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Hi all,
                      I've been checking in occasionally over the past 6 months since I started a degree in International Relations as a mature age student (just for personal interest really).
                      I finally decided to register and join in the fun. To me, the truth these days is stranger than fiction, and increasingly elusive. I read widely on geopolitics and high politics in general. I plan to kick around some of my resulting ideas in this forum, and look forward to your input!
                      Cheers,
                      Atom.

Comment

• Welcome friend and enter. I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Comment

• Welcome aboard, Atom...and we look forward to your input. Enjoy

Comment

• Howdy!!!
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Good to meet you Atom. Hopefully you will find the topics stimulating and have a chance to apply your studies to our mutual benefit.
                              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Hi guys/gals,
                                I've always been interested in Foreign/World affairs - since I was a kid. I'm was an Air Force brat born at the former Clark AB in the Phillipines. My dad was stationed many places over his 20 years (mainly Pacific theater) and when I finished high school - I enlisted in the Navy (go figure!) Anyways, the world has gotten a lot more violent and darker since "the End of History". I would like to know more about European political economy because the whole refugee crisis from Syria is pretty heart breaking (even to a cynic).
                                Thanks and I hope to learn a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X