This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction Thread for All New Members

Welcome to the World Affairs Board, home of a diverse community from all over the world. Please take a few moments to introduce yourself to us in this thread.

New to the WAB

Just got here man. I am interested in discussing (and learning) several subjects, ie: American Civil War, current geopolical events, military history, etc...

Comment

Welcome.

Care to tell us more?

Tarek, this one fits for your new into thread?
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Done and welcome to WAB. If you have not already done so, please take a look at the http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...val-guide.html and the http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...3-13-11-a.html

Comment

I've studied the Civil War mainly from the Southern perspective. First because I'm Southern. But also because of how they accomplished so much with so little (militarily). Also, I believe that the outcome was almost pre-determined. Shelby Foote was once asked if he thought that the war was inevitable. He replied that it wasn't so much inevitable, but it was necessary.......

Comment

THen you will surely find our American Civil War forum interesting where some of our most heated historical discussion have taken place.

Comment

Thanks for the direction...I look forward to it.

Comment

I see you got here. Welcome mate. Nice to see another friendly face. With you here & Shek back from his trip to the Middle East the Civil War threads might warm up again. Have fun on WAB (oh, and check out the 'unofficial survival guide', it helps).
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Welcome, mate!
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Welcome to the WAB Memphis. There is nothing on the ACW that is not known here on the Site. I'm sure some of the experts have been re-born as they are almost there in body and soul when they speak of it. :)

Comment

Lukins Reply

"...I'm sure some of the experts have been re-born as they are almost there in body and soul when they speak of it."

True dat...and there are some GOOD ones here.
                      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Welcome to the WAB memphis1, glad to have you with us.
                        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Can I post and all-in-one welcome? To whomsoever may post an introduction in this thread, welcome.
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                            Can I post and all-in-one welcome? To whomsoever may post an introduction in this thread, welcome.
                            Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              Ditto
                              Lazy......

Welcome Memphis, nice to have you aboard and this quote:

Originally posted by memphis1 View Post
                              He replied that it wasn't so much inevitable, but it was necessary.......
                              Wow...that blew me away. Have to think about this one. Not agreeing or disagreeing with it....but it did give me food for thought....

Comment

Working...
                              X