Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the WAB Perry. Anyone a little goofy should fit in well here ;)

Comment

• Hello All,

Have been tracking my old Navy ship, the USS Pyro AE-24, as she came out of mothball at the end of January and is slowly making her way from Mare Island, CA to Southern Recycling in New Orleans for scrap. She is in the process as I write, of making it through the locks at the Panama Canal. This site and the user's here have been an enormous amount of help to me, as I have 200+ shipmates that are relying on me to post info, links, pictures, etc. of this final journey of hers. I feel as though I am standing my last watch for the ol' girl. This has been one of the most emotional things I have been through in many years. It's an honor, yet heartbreaking.

I am grateful for this group and the many who have been so helpful already.

MM3 Kimberly Box
      USS Pyro AE-24
      1989-1991

Comment

• *** Good Lord, I think I posted this in the wrong place... My apologies! ***

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          :)

We do have a lot of them now in the winter season. Most of them go back to Canada and the northeast once spring arrives.
          And clog up I-95 in my state of Virginia in the process!!!!

BTW, Welcome Weasel.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
            The best thing about WAB is that people from so many places join up...and share their stories and knowledge.

Some of which turn out to be true and accurate on occasion!

Welcome
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by KMarieBox View Post
              *** Good Lord, I think I posted this in the wrong place... My apologies! ***
              No worries.
              Mark Twain

Comment

• [QUOTE=Albany Rifles;864872]And clog up I-95 in my state of Virginia in the process!!!!

LOL!!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=KMarieBox;864877]
                  Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                  And clog up I-95 in my state of Virginia in the process!!!!

LOL!!!!
                  Nothing worse than being on I-95 with a semi in the right lane, a car with Ontario plates in the center lane and a Virginia white hair in the left lane....all doing 53 in 60 mph zone. Your are stuck behind the white hair....and then a car with Quebec plates passes you in the left breakdwon lane.

That has happened to me at least 3 times in the last 3 years.
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• I can SO relate! I used to live in Duluth, MN and we had the snowbirds down from Thunder Bay... Aye, aye, aye!!!!!

Comment

• I come here and want to learn english, learn more us history, learn the values of the us people,learn the democratic polity.

Comment

• Hello,I am coming.

I come here and want to learn english, learn more us history, learn the values of the us people,learn the democratic polity.

Comment

• Boy, are you in the wrong place. Here? We drive you insane enough to empty every scotch bottle that you can find. This place is as democratic as you want it to be. Just make sure you leave $20 at the door. $100 if you want to win the vote.

Comment

• Vincent: Welcome to the WAB. You can already see what to expect. Learn English quickly.
                            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Welcome, mate!
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Hy m8 , your introduction shows you can truly multi task :whome:

Comment

Working...
                                X