“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
      SeaCDR,

Aw, geez!!! Another squid!!!!

;-)

That said, Welcome!
      I am guessing by that comment that you are not a "squid"! There was a book and a movie not long back that was entitled "once I was a soldier" It had to be about a "soldier" because ...........
      Once a Navy man, always a Navy man!
      Plus, I must point out that it was the Navy that brought the soldier to the fight and.....it was the Navy that covered their butts as they invaded! :Dancing-Banana:

How'd I do, CDR?

Comment

• Originally posted by NavyDoc View Post
        I am guessing by that comment that you are not a "squid"! There was a book and a movie not long back that was entitled "once I was a soldier" It had to be about a "soldier" because ...........
        Once a Navy man, always a Navy man!
        Plus, I must point out that it was the Navy that brought the soldier to the fight and.....it was the Navy that covered their butts as they invaded! :Dancing-Banana:

How'd I do, CDR?
        So what you are saying there is that as the soldier was taken to fight by the navy, then the navy sat around to pick up the pieces and then take them to fight some more, we should be grateful in the knowledge that our butts were covered.

Comment

• So what you are saying there is that as the soldier was taken to fight by the navy, then the navy sat around to pick up the pieces and then take them to fight some more, we should be grateful in the knowledge that our butts were covered.
          When one considers that for the soldier, the enemy is usually ahead of them and there is one direction to shoot in, and that the Navy has to worry about the enemy coming at them from all directions as well as from under and above, then yes, a simple "thank you for covering my butt as well" would be appropriate!
          Plus, we didn't even charge you for the repeated rides!
          (Look at what it cost for an ocean cruise these days!) hehe:Dancing-Banana:
          Last edited by SlaterDoc; 20 Nov 11,, 01:26.

Comment

• Sorry! :red:
            I must have spent too much time in this thread and have come down with a slight touch of "yellow fever" or "tankie flu"!
            Otherwise I would never be so facetious! ;)
            Brothers in arms we are all!

BTW, I would never have charged for the ride anyway!

Comment

• NavyDoc

I am one of those Soldiers who could enter the fight by aircraft.

But I also was a Mechanized Infantryman so I appreciate the Navy as delivery boys.

I always wanted to enter the military but since my parents knew each other I decided to join tthe Army.
              Mark Twain

Comment

• Gentlemen,

speaking for myself, I am damn glad people such as you have decided to choose a profession in the armed services.

Primary reason being that it takes a real person of character to protect us civilians.

Second reason being that, judging by the last few posts, you guys definitely wouldn't have made it as entertainers or comedians.....
                Last edited by YellowFever; 20 Nov 11,, 05:27.

Comment

• I was in tanks, and where I come from, our navy hasn't ever given us a ride anywhere even once!
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Originally posted by NavyDoc View Post
                    Sorry! :red:
                    I must have spent too much time in this thread and have come down with a slight touch of "yellow fever" or "tankie flu"!
                    Otherwise I would never be so facetious! ;)
                    Brothers in arms we are all!

BTW, I would never have charged for the ride anyway!
                    Ahhh 52 posts already and you wish to join the joust , sooooo be it , back to the bilges methinks with you and sweat out the tankie flu and reflect forsooth for that which is to arrive at your porthole , jolly jack tar :tank:;)

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                      Ahhh 52 posts already and you wish to join the joust , sooooo be it , back to the bilges methinks with you and sweat out the tankie flu and reflect forsooth for that which is to arrive at your porthole , jolly jack tar :tank:;)
                      Dave help?
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                        Dave help?
                        A,www c,mon doc , even yella can understood it :slap:

Comment

• Umm..no.

Comment

Oh, OK then. Pari?
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Tank, you give Yella WAAAAAY to much credit!
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Excuse me while I don some camo, slip over the side, steal the whaleboat and sneak away from the fray!

Comment

Working...
                                X