No announcement yet.

Every German Tank is a Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or the cab driver who's being aimed at in that photo! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Repatriated Canuck View Post
      I don't think I'd feel good being the guy up front. :(
      You think he feels bad? Think about the surgeon that has to piece the shoulder of the gunner back together
      "Football is war."

-Rinus Michels

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Aye thats Hollywood for you , and other film makers , they tend to rewrite history , if a person has a good knowledge of war facts it tends to turn them off watching with mutterings of , b/s , crap/ and the missis saying , shut up FFS (ozzy ones) and watch it ,,yea , but but but , ah bollox , click , im off to bed
        More like Moscowwood :)

I have seen a couple of Russian made war movies and they "Tigered" their T34/85s like they did in the movie "Kelly's Hereos" which was the original Tiger movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          Not to give them too much of a pass but....

In the West we tended to have whatever was in the National Guard repainted and marked up to be the Germans with the recon tanks play the Americans (see Battle of the Bulge for M47s as Tigers and M24s as Shermans). In "Patton" is was M48s as German tanks, M47s as American (newsreels showed actual M4s).

In "A Bridge Too Far" you may recall they did have some Shermans but the German tanks were all Leos.

I think what you see in most of those films are old T-34s which were more easily into looking like a Tiger.

I don't know of many succesful attempts to portray other German armor until the 1990s when we saw the converted FV-432s used as German armor.

Its kind of using what is available.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Repros.pdf

This website shows a lot of vismods which have occured.
          In the new Hollywood we are lucky to have guys like Spielberg who wanted to do the vets right. He used T55s to make the Jadgpanthers, actual 38ts for the assault guns, he built or borrowed German 1/2 tracks and trucks, used the 432 series APCs to make StuGs, and went way out of his way to make everything accurate. But it all started with one movie :) Kelly's Heroes :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker View Post
            More like Moscowwood :)

I have seen a couple of Russian made war movies and they "Tigered" their T34/85s like they did in the movie "Kelly's Hereos" which was the original Tiger movie.
            Huh , dya mean oddballs sherman was really a tig34er :slap:

Comment

Huh , dya mean oddballs sherman was really a tig34er :slap:
              No. The Shermans were post war left overs that the Yugoslav Army let the filmakers use. When the US Army woke up after the war and realized that the M4A3 turret did NOT need to be counter balanced for the M1C 76mm gun so they mounted it on all the Shermans they gave to countries that Germany had invaded like Yugoslavia. They also gave them most of the M18 and M36 Hellcats and Jacksons

The Tigers that Karl Otto Alberti commanded were T34s modded up...

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker View Post
                No. The Shermans were post war left overs that the Yugoslav Army let the filmakers use. When the US Army woke up after the war and realized that the M4A3 turret did NOT need to be counter balanced for the M1C 76mm gun so they mounted it on all the Shermans they gave to countries that Germany had invaded like Yugoslavia. They also gave them most of the M18 and M36 Hellcats and Jacksons

The Tigers that Karl Otto Alberti commanded were T34s modded up...
                Ah well , that went spinning off into the hooloo ,wished now i was not trying to be funny

Comment

Ah well , that went spinning off into the hooloo ,wished now i was not trying to be funny
                  Sorry :( Itry not to spoil jokes...the military stuff gets me caught up all the time :)

Comment

wow, latest flick by Karen Shakhnazarov

Белый Тигр /The White Tiger/Belyy tigr
                    Attached Files
                    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

I think they should rename it as "the hunt for the white tiger"

“the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

The trailer looks good - I suppose the Tiger itself is all CGI?

Comment

Originally posted by clackers View Post
                          The trailer looks good - I suppose the Tiger itself is all CGI?
                          Pretty "easy" to vis-mod a T-34 into a reasonable Tiger, just look at Saving Private Ryan
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

The "Tiger" in the first three adverts is all wrong; wrong fenders, wrong tracks (they look like T-34 tracks), split commanders hatch (the Tiger NEVER had a split commander's hatch); at least they got the sights right. The last ones look okay: correct tracks, fenders, muzzle brake, etc.
                            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              Pretty "easy" to vis-mod a T-34 into a reasonable Tiger, just look at Saving Private Ryan
                              Yep, and the famous example of the very funny Kelly's Heroes is another, but in this age of animation a director might decide to avoid using a real vehicle at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                                The "Tiger" in the first three adverts is all wrong; wrong fenders, wrong tracks (they look like T-34 tracks), split commanders hatch (the Tiger NEVER had a split commander's hatch); at least they got the sights right. The last ones look okay: correct tracks, fenders, muzzle brake, etc.
                                Its a new build.
                                Макеты / Танк "Тигр I"

pictures :)
                                J'ai en marre.

Comment

Working...
                                X