RN Redundacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RN Redundacies

Up to 1000 RN sailors to be laid off HMS Cumberland has been decommissioned , lets hope more conflicts dont require the NAVY as we dont have one , RULE BRITANNIA my arse , the UK mil force is now a joke :slap:

Sad, very sad - once the greatest navy in the world - having layoffs...
    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Well, It's what Britania wants to rule. If it's the island it is on, no navy at all might suit her well.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        Well, It's what Britania wants to rule. If it's the island it is on, no navy at all might suit her well.
        Having no navy in times of conflict makes no sense. The Libyan fracas was estimated at £260 million. We have been flying missions from the UK and other places where a carrier would have saved £millions. The present cost is estimated at £1.75 Billion

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
          Having no navy in times of conflict makes no sense. The Libyan fracas was estimated at £260 million. We have been flying missions from the UK and other places where a carrier would have saved £millions. The present cost is estimated at £1.75 Billion
          As I said, it all depends on where you want to display power. If it's on your shores, your AF can do the job. If you want to rely on USN and they are willing to share their decks it might be an option as well, until you finish your new navy.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

As I said, it all depends on where you want to display power. If it's on your shores, your AF can do the job. If you want to rely on USN and they are willing to share their decks it might be an option as well, until you finish your new navy.
            Laying off your experienced people doesn't take you very far towards having an "effective" new navy .. I suppose it will be a brand new and very green navy without experience or skill - a.k.a. cannon fodder?
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Are you thinking of our New European Navy along with our New European Army and our New European Air Force :whome:
              Last edited by dave lukins; 30 Sep 11,, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                Are you thinking of our New European Navy along with our New European Army and our New European Air Force :whome:
                Among with the Europol and Eulex?

I am all against it. Unless people on a referendum don't express a wish a live in a sort of federation.

Comment

The whole thing is a bloody disgrace,making serving sailors redundent !! As an ex squaddie i really feel for these fellas.

The whole spending review is awful, we could'nt take back the falklands now if we needed too.

And how can the Royal Navy not have a carrier ?! And the fact that when we get our two new carriers one will be mothballed straight away is a bloody farce.

The coalition is ruining our forces!

Rant over

Kie
                  Last edited by kie_taylor83; 30 Sep 11,, 19:00.

Comment

Working...
                  X