No announcement yet.

Shane Bauer's ingratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right so leaving them there to rot was not an option. Agree its because it was Iran, otherwise conceivably they would not have been detained in such a manner.

Is it too soon to think of election considerations, still over a year off.

Both countries got a political win out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Right so leaving them there to rot was not an option. Agree its because it was Iran, otherwise conceivably they would not have been detained in such a manner.

Is it too soon to think of election considerations, still over a year off.

Both countries got a political win out of this.

Funny thing is, I dont forsee either regaining office in the coming elections. If Dinnerjacket gets re-elected then its an instant give away that the elections are fraudulent (which we already know from the last ones) and I dont think the lunicy in Iran wants another Syria,Libya,Egypt or Yemen or anyone else willing to rise up against them for a prolonged period of time and risk being overthrown.

For the Americans, well IMO, its going to be about Economy, Jobs and Healthcare and lets just say it dont look to good right now for the Democrats to keep office.
      Last edited by Dreadnought; 28 Sep 11,, 22:37.
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
        Funny thing is, I dont forsee either regaining office in the coming elections. If Dinnerjacket gets re-elected then its an instant give away that the elections are fraudulent (which we already know from the last ones) and I dont think the lunicy in Iran wants another Syria,Libya,Egypt or Yemen or anyone else willing to rise up against them for a prolonged period of time and risk being overthrown.

For the Americans, well IMO, its going to be about Economy, Jobs and Healthcare and lets just say it dont look to good right now for the Democrats to keep office.
        Dread,

Ahmadinnerjacket can't run more than 2 term in a row, he needs to wait at least 4 years before being eligible again.

Also there is a murmuring of consolidating presidential and parliamentary elections before next spring, if ratified his second term will be cut by almost a year. Good trick by Supreme Burrito to get rid of him without any outcry since those 2 don't get along very well (or any more I might say).

Comment

Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
          Dread,

Ahmadinnerjacket can't run more than 2 term in a row, he needs to wait at least 4 years before being eligible again.

Also there is a murmuring of consolidating presidential and parliamentary elections before next spring, if ratified his second term will be cut by almost a year. Good trick by Supreme Burrito to get rid of him without any outcry since those 2 don't get along very well (or any more I might say).
          Yes, I agree but whomever is elected with be assaholas lap dog none the less and beyond question. So in other words same asshole pulling the strings different puppet.
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 01 Oct 11,, 18:46.

Comment

I think personaly a great deal of the Iranian future hangs on whether the Syrian regime can hold the tide of 'Arab Spring', and yes I am fully aware that Persia is not an Arab nation. The point is the long term trend. The Colonial powers left and set up Monarchies in their place. Over time these were replaced by nationalist Governments, (of which the Grand Poobah in Iran Imadinnerjacket are forms of as was Saddam in Iraq etc). In Jordan the post colonial Monarchy has survived and in Saudi Arabia too though partly for different historical reasons, but largely because they are essentialy bedouins. In alot of cases the nationalist Governments were more repressive than the Monarchies they replaced. Thus the third phase is the 'Arab spring' where the nationalist Governments are deposed for an aspirations of greater 'democracy' (though only time will tell if the aspirations become realities). If Syria goes the same way Iran will be isolated among the new 'democracies' in the region and the remaining Monarchies hate them anyway... Chances are that mid to long term Iran too will eventualy follow suit.

Comment

If Syria's regime collapses, it is believed in many circles that it will no doubt sever a major artery in the weapons supply to both Hezbollah and Hamas. Iran will become increasingly isolated from shared idealisms. It will also plant the seed to the average Iranians that the world as they know it from the regime is not exactly the world at all but the theocracy's version of it. This is the very same lunicy that calls the Jewish state a tumor in the middle east when it has been shown not to be.

I'm not advocating here just presenting some of the things I have read out there on the net. Truth be told I believe everyone has the Right of Free Speech and Religion among other basic Rights. Maybe the people over there do to. We shall see in coming months.

Comment

I concur Sir.

Comment

Working...
                X