Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby world cup 2011

HI,

I hope I'm not the only wabbit around here that is positively aching for the RWC to get started. I have a table reserved at a local sports bar and am leaving work early to catch the opening ceremony and NZ vs. Tonga tomorrow. Will this year be the year that the mighty All Blacks are able to hold it together and reclaim their rightful positions as world champions? Will I drink my own weight in beer on several occasions? CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!

Totally looking forward, also rooting for the All Blacks. I learned all about the joys of rugby union when I was working and traveling in New Zealand in 2008-09. If I had the money I would totally be back in New Zealand attending as many games as physically possible
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

My coaches in school were Kiwis. Then the first real rugby I saw was the Hong Kong Sevens in 1994 when Jonah Lomu was an unstoppable force. Hooked. Tomorrow I am wearing my All Blacks top to work, expect to catch hell from all the Ozzies and South Africans there, but sometimes you just have to let your flag fly.
      Last edited by HKDan; 08 Sep 11,, 11:50.

Comment

Originally posted by HKDan View Post
        HI,

I hope I'm not the only wabbit around here that is positively aching for the RWC to get started. I have a table reserved at a local sports bar and am leaving work early to catch the opening ceremony and NZ vs. Tonga tomorrow. Will this year be the year that the mighty All Blacks are able to hold it together and reclaim their rightful positions as world champions? Will I drink my own weight in beer on several occasions? CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!
        Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
        Totally looking forward, also rooting for the All Blacks. I learned all about the joys of rugby union when I was working and traveling in New Zealand in 2008-09. If I had the money I would totally be back in New Zealand attending as many games as physically possible
        I visualise New Zealand and Australia in the final. All Blacks the victors

Comment

Care to lay a wager on that, Mr. Lukins?

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

New Zealand fairly did a number on Tonga, 41-10. Congrats on an amazing opening show as well - NZ showed real class, the passing, the trys...yikes. Brave performance by Tonga mind you and the try was no more than they deserved.

Somewhat surprisingly I shall be backing the boys in Green. I think we should drug the Australians pre-match because I don't fancy a quarter-final with the Springboks....
            Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
            - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/rugbytr...920/video.html

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
                New Zealand fairly did a number on Tonga, 41-10. Congrats on an amazing opening show as well - NZ showed real class, the passing, the trys...yikes. Brave performance by Tonga mind you and the try was no more than they deserved.

Somewhat surprisingly I shall be backing the boys in Green. I think we should drug the Australians pre-match because I don't fancy a quarter-final with the Springboks....
                I'm sure as usual the boys in green will do you proud. The Aussies are on top form and will take a double dose of mickey finn to stop them

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                  I'm sure as usual the boys in green will do you proud. The Aussies are on top form and will take a double dose of mickey finn to stop them
                  You read my mind - Most of them are part-Irish anyway so I'm thinking Jameson for those of taig descent and Bushmills for the huns, but so long as it leaves their diggeridoos thoroughly clogged I'm easy ;).

England's group is iffy too, Scotland should be ok (don't like scoring tries, hard to win with such a strategy!) but the Argies have gotten really good. I'd agree with those who reckon the All Blacks will do the business but funny thing is in the WC there's always a team that sneaks up and surprises you - France and Argentina were both relatively unexpected semi-finalists last time.
                  Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                  - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

I'm backing a :gasp: Argentina - All Blacks final.

Great game last night, the Tongans did themselves proud and the AB's got the workout they needed.
                    Players of the game Taumalolo and Ma'a Nonu.
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I was impressed with the Tongans for scoring a try. Good on them, and the All Blacks looked in fine form. Springboks V Wales is also gonna be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                        I'm backing a :gasp: Argentina - All Blacks final.

Argentina! Do you work for a bookies?

Comment

The Argies have a strong team, they're going to join the Tri (Quad) nations next year

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                            Argentina! Do you work for a bookies?
                            I work with bookies, they think I talk shyt and I think they talk shyt. Thus far in our relationship I think it's 50 50 in the win loose stakes, though they come up with a lot of excuses over a beer while I just accept my failures with good grace. Mostly. ;)

Leibniz

Comment

Another team to watch is the Japanese. They won the pacific competition this year, beating Fiji Samoa Tonga etc

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                              X