No announcement yet.

Turkey slams UN flotilla report, announces harsh measures against Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3. Turkey will take measures for freedom of maritime movement in the eastern Mediterranean Sea.
    What does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by isim View Post
      In my country, in every rioting those civillians uses more lethal weapons... my common sense and our law says control the chaos, not to be sprayed with bullets. A well trained army could find many other ways, if useing rifle was a sudden must; head is not the right place to shoot from short range.

Every rioting could end with massacre if our common sense and law allow such fashist mentality. "they deserve to die" , "they had to be killed" A healthy security forces would take the responsiblity. (not sure) killing civillians on international waters should be also reason for war.

It is obvious for me those people clearly didn't have to be killed therefore israeli army should take the responsibility of the ugly fiasco they did. One way or another they have to understand they never allowed to kill Turkish civillians on international waters for any reasons.

Telling you about the differences between what those Israeli sailors faced and what a typical riot looks like is a waste of time.On my part,you're free to declare war on Israel.
      Btw,your rioters use axes and knives?Because the Israelis went in with paintball guns.

The issue was talked to death when it happened.What's going on now is nothing but Turkish gov. trying to score some internal points,or maybe riding the wave.It seems they have great success.Me out.
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by rickshaw92 View Post
        What does this mean?
        4. Turkey will no longer recognize the Gaza blockade and will take the issue to the International Court of Justice.
        Maybe linked with this, but i doubt it. Maybe it is a blackmail: "next time there will be reaction if such things happens against our freedom of maritime." It is also another way of telling we close the case the reason for war part.

"...looks like is a waste of time." haa ok.
        "What's going on now is nothing but Turkish gov. trying to score some internal points,or maybe riding the wave.It seems they have great success. " if you say so.. "Me out. " ok

Comment

Civillians were murdered on international waters the way you approved, for a reason you defend... unarmed civillians, from behind, with many bullets, on international waters... this is the frame... You know what?
          Im sure you would do the same were you in their position. In any case the report clearly states that the whole adventure of trying to overrun the blockade was 'reckless', and Turkey knows it!

Comment

Egemen Bagis said they will send their navy towards Cyprus...

Makes me wonder the size and capability of the Turkish military.

Greece and Cyprus on one side Israel on the other, add the Kurds on the land and situation in Syria... must be busy in the Turkish HQ.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
              Turkey worked hard to meddle in other people's business and got stung. Now Turkey is acting like the immature child that didn't get what they want. Boo friggin Hoo
              No, Turkey is getting exactly what they want, that is, to join the anti-Israel band wagon. You(Israel) on the other hand still don't get it. You are still vying for affections of somebody who clearly doesn't like you and has all but obvious intent to harm you. You better acquiescence to a world without Turkey in your in your lives, and stop groveling.

Comment

Every rioting could end with massacre if our common sense and law allow such fashist mentality. "they deserve to die" , "they had to be killed" A healthy security forces would take the responsiblity. (not sure) killing civillians on international waters should be also reason for war.
                You need to educate yourself on what happened on the flotilla. Israel forces first shot paint balls at the 'peaceful activists' and they got peace in return heh? They got tossed over board, stabbed and all. The report clearly states that the first 3 IDF officers who rappelled were 'abused', the IDF returned the favour.

Comment

What does this mean?
                  That is probably the single noteworthy development in all that Turkey has said/done, the rest was predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    Egemen Bagis said they will send their navy towards Cyprus...
                    Link?

Comment

This is not enough, Israelis executed Turkish citizens in international waters. A complete cut of the relationship would be appropriate and hunting down every Israeli that was involved in this operation and bring them to justice in Turkish courts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman817 View Post
                        This is not enough, Israelis executed Turkish citizens in international waters. A complete cut of the relationship would be appropriate and hunting down every Israeli that was involved in this operation and bring them to justice in Turkish courts.
                        ...and Israel should hunt down every Turkish person involved in the flotilla and try them in Israel courts for engaging in an exercise to overrun a legal military blockade of a sovereign nation that has not shot a bullet at Turkey. As for the severing ties, i agree.

Comment

You need to educate yourself on what happened on the flotilla. Israel forces first shot paint balls at the 'peaceful activists' and they got peace in return heh? They got tossed over board, stabbed and all. The report clearly states that the first 3 IDF officers who rappelled were 'abused', the IDF returned the favour.
                          I really don't feel i have to talk about what happened on the flotilla... how ugly and dangerous those fad ass believers were... how israeli soldiers were scared etc. You can understand Hitler or any worst person if you try... therefore we have laws. Civillians without firearms are killed on international waters by military of another country. Of course seriousness, carelessness or intent of israeli army is questioned, most importantly how they even touch to Turkish citizens on international waters. what does it mean? ;) topic is only news at the moment. i am out too.

Comment

castellano,

I think all the people who claimed Mr. Erdoganīs Turkey is an ally, when it is clear that is not and cannot be an ally, could be surprised. But I donīt underestimate their audacity, for some of them, and if I have followed their arguments correctly, the "realist" thing to do now would be to say, use NATO to help Turkey break the naval blockade and aid Hamas
                            not sure who is claiming this, though?

this is not connected to NATO, it is an israeli-turkish bilateral spat.
                            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

NATO aid Hamas? Yeah, good luck with that one....

In early 2006 HAMAS won legislative elections in the Palestinian territories, ending the secular Fatah party’s hold on the Palestinian Authority and challenging Fatah’s leadership of the Palestinian national movement. HAMAS continues its refusal to recognize Israel or renounce violence against Israelis and, over the past few years, has conducted one suicide bombing, which killed one civilian, and numerous mortar and rocket attacks that injured civilians. The US Government has designated HAMAS as a Foreign Terrorist Organization.

Lets use a bit of common sense here shall we?

Israel will use and has used warplanes to bomb Hamas terrorists that shoot rockets into civilian neighborhoods a well known fact. Been going on for years. And this is their own back yards!

Do you really think they are going to let some outside entity such as Turkey pronounce "We are going to break Gaza's blockade" or even let Turkish whack support groups travel at sea from afar and then provoke them and do nothing about it? Who's fooling who here?

Common sense gentlemen not political correctness.

If you want to fix Gaza, then Gaza must be ruled by the Palestinian people not a group like Hamas. They will never see peace so long as Hamas is present.

And becoming a state of Palestine (which is doubtfull at this point in time), if its rulled by a group like Hamas will do little more then give an "Official" address for the Israeli's to bomb when they get attacked.

IMO, pissing in the wind here.
                              Last edited by Dreadnought; 02 Sep 11,, 20:49.
                              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

What does this mean?
                                Nothing unless they first wish to withdraw from NATO.
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X