Moonpics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonpics

I was looking aound at nasa.gov when I found these images.

I don`t get it, if the earth is soo big, how come the apollo 17 pics shows it`s so small?

Can anybody help me here?
    Attached Files

the first is taken by either Jim Lovell or Bill Anders (Apollo 8) using one of the telephoto lenses meant for high resolution moon surface shots for future prospective landing sites, hence the Earth is large in shot.
    The second is Harrison Schmitt taken by Gene Cernan (Apollo 17) using his chest Hasselblad with a wide angle lense meant for close and panorama shots, hence the Earth appears small. (If you look closely at the orginal you can see Cernan reflected in Schmitt's visor twisting his body around to get the alignment for the shot)
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

There comes another question in mind now, and that is, if it is the sun in his visor, then the complete earth should be lit?

Comment

Moon-landing skeptic?
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
          There comes another question in mind now, and that is, if it is the sun in his visor, then the complete earth should be lit?
          Part of his clothing is in shadow so the sun is over his right shoulder and just low enough to cast a shadow on Earth, same as with the first photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
            The visor is curved

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Yes but the astronaut in the visor has a shadow that falls towards the visor, how is that possible?

The shadow on earth is not the shadow from the moon, it is cause the sun is above the earth. And knowing this, makes me wonder how there can be another sun behind the guy in the visor?

If I am sceptic to the moonlanding? Yes after this picture I am.

I am a photographer, and know this can`t be....

If there would be the moon, it would look like this:

Attached Files
              Last edited by Nord; 08 Sep 11,, 21:00.

Comment

Working...
              X