The Vatican and NASA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vatican and NASA

Quite an interesting read but as it says at the end , what do you think , im a firm believer of life out there and soon we will have disclosure , IMO . One of the reason's why we have not had full disclosure is because of religion and its coffers and credibility , and as stated in the article ,,the impact on humanity . Not that I believe in religion but others do , then fill ya boots ,your choice , and fair play to you .;)

Vatican and NASA Conference discuss implications of finding Alien life
    Submitted by Carolyn Shield on Wed, 08/24/2011 - 09:33
    A conference was held with over thirty top astrophysicists,astronomers,scientists, NASA officials, and the Vatican to discuss the implications of finding Alien life on other planets and the ramifications of that discovery to world religions. Last year conference the Vatican chief astronomer pointed out that Saint Francis considered the idea that Earth's animals were man's brothers. Why wouldn't alien life or aliens be considered our brother also in the main idea of God's creation of the Universe.

A picture of the ceiling at Saint Louis Basilica in Saint Louis the dome structure when looking up looks like a flying saucer like structure. In the middle the Tetragrammaton sits in the middle which is the name of God.

The major discovery of water on the moon and the possibility it exists on other planets was announced last year. Water is a major component for life. The discovery this year of thousands of exoplanets like Earth brought the news of more possibilities of life in the universe. Earth is not unique in fact far from it. It seems that NASA and the Vatican are working on the best plan on telling the people of the Earth that finding Alien life is coming soon possibly. The news that Titan has some indications that alien life may exist came out this year also. It seems the agenda of slowly giving pieces of information to the public continues. The concern is the ramifications to human race which has a spiritual history and what the affects of a reality of alien life existence.

Elijah and Ezekiel had encounters with heaven and the creatures from heaven. Ezekiel was taken to heaven in a fiery chariot. Religious art over the centuries have portrayed these encounters. The Catholic church has placed the imagery and art in their churches.

The Vatican discussed the issue and debated with the scientists of NASA on the issues down the road. Vatican and Science have had a great war in the past. Galileo is a prime example where he was arrested and tried for his scientific announcement that the Earth rotated around the Sun. The Church's doctrine of suppression has changed to now taking the initiative of working with science hand in hand.

I'm giving the heads up to people that the Vatican and NASA are preparing a strategy on how to deal and prepare people's spirituality with the fact of aliens. If you discover alien life on a planet then it won't be too long before intelligent alien life becomes the next conclusion. How does the God play into these discoveries. Genesis may have to be reviewed and the idea of original sin evaluated was a conclusion brought up by the Vatican. Eve and Adam eating of the Tree of Knowledge which created original sin and the Great Fall of mankind would seem possibly strange if discoveries of intelligent life on other planets.

Can mankind handle the news that we are not alone? How is the news going to be handled and so religious leaders have been brought in for the discussion. The Vatican may have had information centuries ago that this day may come. In cathedrals with their dome structures the congregation often looks up to a ceiling of stars, saucer like pictures, and angels. Angels were from heaven and the fiery chariot with its wheel takes Ezekiel to the heavens.

Moses encounter with the angels and heaven. Many artwork show Moses with rays coming from his head which depict his radiant face and his ability to speak to God.

The Ark of the Covenant created by Moses was a powerful object which contained the stones given Moses from heaven. On this Ark of the Covenant is the symbol of the eye of RA on the Ark under the lamb . The Egyptian technology far advanced could have connections to the powerful deadly device of the Ark. One wonders for centuries the artists and churches have been giving us subliminal hints at what the future had in store for us. We need to prepare ourselves of the possibility that we are not alone in this universe. Religions play a intricate part in the dynamics of many human beings. Original sin plays a large part in the teachings of many churches and the story of Genesis. How will the news affect us and the change of consciousness of mankind.

What do you think?
    Last edited by tankie; 26 Aug 11,, 18:39.

Tankie, I think what we are seeing is NASA asking advice from the Vatican regarding the possibility of discovering life. I'm not quite sure if you are implying that the discovery has already been made, NASA and the Vatican are in on it, and they are figuring out how to announce it.

The two are different, I think. The number of Catholics are huge, but they are still a minority belief in the world. Muslims certainly care little about Vatican announcements with regards to the Spiritual. I think NASA simply seeks guidance on what may be an inevitable discovery.

Comment

Just my opinion Chogy , yes I firmly believe contact has already been made and the powers that be are very slowly releasing tidbits to get humanity used to the idea ,can you not imagine the outcry from humanity crying about religion when they realise they have been conned and manipulated for millennia . look what happened when Orson Wells released his war of the worlds on radio ?? The evidence is vast ref UFO's , now I personally can not prove they have been here but there are hundreds who can vouch that they have (we been here before mate ) But I challenge ANYONE to prove that they have not ..The universe as we know it is far to vast for life not to be out there ,its arrogance to believe we are the only life forms in this vastness , our own galaxy has 400billion stars in it and there are billions of galaxies .Even Alan Shepherd states they saw them (Apollo)UFO's, there is a radio message between one guy on the moon and NASA ( yes i did not believe we had been there but thro wab intel and posts I was wrong ) in that message he says my God they are huge , NASA answers we know they are there , ignore them and do the mission , I will look for it and post it later , Why have we not been back to the moon , IMO we were warned off . Bold statements huh , im glad you finished with the words , inevitable discovery ;) :)

I am an avid reader of UFO Paranormal books and forums UFO Digest being one , granted there are hoaxers who screw it all up but they are easily spotted.

ref muslims I would love to hear their take on it WHEN it finally happens , Anjhem Choudary would have some crazy take on it all :slap:

http://www.ufodigest.com/ check it out .

Here's one of yours Chogy you may know him or knew of him

Major George Filer USAF (Ret) discloses his own ET Contact

There appears to be no room within our tightly controlled Worldview for the uninitiated to accept that we are not alone in the universe. However, there are contactees and witnesses with impeccable credentials who can testify that ETs are indeed amongst us; here to pass spiritual messages, nurturing and mentoring humanity through the nuclear age. To survive, humanity must awaken and cease its obsessions with the weaponization of space and the destruction of the Earth’s fragile environment. Is there a great Cosmic Plan to integrate a peaceful and enlightened humanity with other cosmic cultures within the multiverse?

Read the entire article: http://www.ufodigest.com/article/maj...own-et-contact
      Last edited by tankie; 27 Aug 11,, 15:15.

Comment

And this is the one I was referring to

On the way to the moon, Apollo 11, traveling at better than 25,000 mph, was passed by a craft that was going at an incredible speed. News of this slipped out, with NASA downplaying it and claiming that it was some sort of natural phenomenon. This wasn't an isolated event, but rather a warning that they shouldn't continue on with their mission. Their encounters were just beginning.

According to a former NASA employee Otto Binder, unnamed ham radio operators with their own VHF receiving facilities bypassed NASA's broadcasting outlets and picked up the following exchange:

NASA: Mission Control calling Apollo 11...

What's there?

Apollo11: These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous!

OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it!

I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there,

Lined up on the far side of the crater edge!

They're on the Moon watching us!

Were we warned off the moon as many claim? There is no conclusive proof either way. One thing that we do know for certain is that for 40 years NASA found the idea of returning to the moon a joke, clinging with an absolute dead grip the Space Shuttle. Almost overnight, NASA admitted that the shuttle was a mistake and stepped forth with a bold new plan and rocket to return us to the moon, which they can't build fast enough. Did someone invite us back?

References:
        Lunar Orbiter Photo Gallery
        Apollo Image Atlas

Comment

Searching for the Truth
          (Always Telling the Truth Means Never Having to Remember Anything)

by Dennis G. Balthaser

Posted: 22:00 July 31, 2008

Astronauts as UFO Witnesses:

During the many years that I’ve been doing this research, I have had the opportunity to meet a combination of credible, and less than credible witnesses, not only about the Roswell Incident, but pertaining to other UFO incidents as well. Credibility and verification of witness’s information is of utmost importance to me, and usually can be determined after several conversations with the possible witness, or by checking their credentials based on known or obtainable information.

Occasionally a witness comes along that has the professional background, credibility, or experience that convinces me to pay attention to what they are sharing. Several of the witnesses that I’ve known or interviewed have become personal friends, such as Jesse Marcel Jr. (pictured left with Larry King, CNN), who handled the debris from the Roswell craft in 1947, and has had outstanding careers as a military helicopter pilot and as a physician. Another is Travis Walton of “Fire in the Sky” (cover pictured, left) who is one of the most believable abductee’s I’ve ever met. There are others such as airplane pilots, law enforcement officers, etc.

For this article however I want to focus on our astronauts, who for the most part don’t talk much about their experiences with UFO’s, quite possibly because NASA, which I think stands for, “Never A Straight Answer”, has advised them it would be best to not discuss the subject, or they have refused to go public, fearing ridicule and condemnation.

A notable exception to the astronaut group that does openly talk about it is former Apollo 14 astronaut, Dr. Edgar Mitchell, who in 1971 piloted the Apollo 14 lunar module, with commander Alan Shepard to the moon’s surface. I’ve had the opportunity to meet Dr. Mitchell twice, the first time being several years ago at the Aztec, New Mexico symposium. More recently I met him here in Roswell. I had heard that he knew something about the Roswell Incident, so when I had the opportunity in Aztec, to talk to him alone, I asked him, “what he knew about the Roswell Incident?” Without hesitation, he informed me, “that he knew it did happen, but couldn’t tell me anymore.” ???

Mitchell grew up in the Roswell area, attending what is now Berrendo Elementary School in Roswell through the seventh grade, then moved with his family to Artesia, New Mexico, graduating from Artesia High School, some 30 miles south of Roswell, and was a teenager when the Roswell Incident happened in 1947. His family has a long history of cattle ranching in the area.

Last weekend, (Sunday, July 27, 2008), the Roswell Daily Record newspaper printed an exclusive interview with Dr. Mitchell, in which he stated, “he is certain the 1947 Roswell UFO crash was a true alien encounter.” The interview with the newspaper was quite lengthy and contained what I consider as a researcher, important information, some of which I’ll share with you.

In that interview Dr. Mitchell stated that, “years later, some of the area’s old-timers and military intelligence officers close to the incident – some facing the threat of severe penalties – confided in him.” Based on what they told him, “he is convinced the incident was a real encounter, covered up by the government for over 61 years.” After his lunar flight, local Roswell witnesses contacted him, and because he was a well-known astronaut and a local, he thought they felt they could confide in him.

Dr. Mitchell also stated in the interview that, “he happened to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we’ve been visited---and that the UFO phenomena is real.” He said, “his belief was confirmed by various sources, including members or former members of top-secret military intelligence circles.”

Mitchell said, “the UFO story is so secret that even presidents and top politicians, including Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford and former Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, were denied access to the “black operations files,” and theorizes that even the government may not be in control of the information or technology.”

Although Dr. Mitchell has never seen a UFO, his personal interest in UFOs and the possibility of extraterrestrial life began as a young fighter pilot, when other members of his squadron began reporting encounters with UFOs. When they tried to report the incidents, some claimed to have been threatened and were told to shut up, just like the civilian pilots. Mitchell said, “Our pilots would chase them, and they would chase us. There were just too many incidents and reports to deny that there was nothing going on.” Mitchell believes the alien visitations should not be considered hostile, and that “some of the alleged visits” were actually “homegrown”, linked to our own super-secret programs

Dr Mitchell knows Jesse Marcel Jr., the son of the Army Air Force intelligence officer Jesse Marcel Sr., who was at the crash site during the Roswell Incident, and knows he was convinced that what crashed at Roswell was not a weather balloon. Mitchell also indicated, “that there remains strong evidence, possibly including photographs, that 61 years after the crash has not been seen by the public.” As far as an alien body(s) being recovered, Mitchell said, “I can’t prove that, but I certainly know that the so-called alien autopsy photographs were fakes.”

As a researcher after the truth, it is my hope that individuals like Dr. Mitchell will continue to speak out, and perhaps others will continue to do likewise.

Other astronaut claims:

Dr. Mitchell is not the only astronaut that has either seen UFOs or believes they are real and may represent contact with other worlds. Gordon Cooper, one of our initial astronauts was an outspoken believer in UFOs, prior to his death in 2004. Cooper claimed to have first sighted UFOs as a young Air Force pilot in Germany in the 1950s, and like Mitchell claimed that the government hid the truth from the public. Cooper and Mitchell are joined by others such as Mercury astronaut Donald (Deke) Slayton, and at least two former Soviet cosmonauts, Yevegni Khrunov, a Soyus-5 pilot, and Salyut-6 space station member Maj. Gen. Vladimir Kovalyonok, all claiming at one time or another to have seen UFOs, or saying that they are certain the Earth has been visited by aliens and their spacecraft.

In June 1965, astronauts Ed White (first American to walk in space) and James McDivitt were passing over Hawaii in a Gemini spacecraft when they saw a weird-looking metallic object. The UFO had long arms sticking out of it. McDivitt took pictures with a cine-camera. Those pictures have never been released.

In December 1965, Gemini astronauts James Lovell and Frank Borman also saw a UFO during their second orbit of their record-breaking 14-day flight. Borman reported that he saw an unidentified spacecraft some distance from their capsule. Gemini control, at Cape Kennedy told him that he was seeing the final stage of their own Titan booster rocket. Borman confirmed that he could see the booster rocket all right, but that he could also see something completely different.

Many other accounts have been filed by Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo astronauts in addition to X-15 test pilots, including films taken of strange objects, but never released to the public. I will continue to seek additional information from these astronauts, due to the credibility they have as our space pioneers, and the front row seat they have to many strange objects they have seen, but continually hidden from the public.
          Last edited by tankie; 27 Aug 11,, 15:47.

Comment

Mexican Air Force Encounters UFOs - YouTube

Anyone speak Spanish ??

Comment

The Vatican position is that aliens should be considered "brothers" to humans. I would advise the Pontiff to put a modifier on that generous sentiment in case the aliens turn out to be 100-foot-high flesh-eating agnostic scorpions.

Comment

I'll check out your links, Tankie. What I've not understood is, if all the activity is real, why we haven't had more "dying declarations" from people briefed or knowledgeable? The people intimately involved with Roswell, for example, are all very old. While I can see some of them taking the secret to their grave with them, you'd think one or more, terminally ill, would spill his guts. Ditto on the Apollo astronauts. Hard to believe but those guys also are old, and will begin to pass away at a greater rate pretty soon.

I've got maybe 14,000 flight hours. I did the math, and that's 584 days airborne, or 1.6 YEARS of my life up there. Unfortunately, I've never seen a single thing, and I HAVE been looking! ;) I've seen some cool stuff, satellites, global hawks, meteors, but nothing that cannot easily be explained.

I don't see anything w/regards to religion that should be a big issue. The Bible is silent on ET life. There's nothing incompatible between Christianity, at least, and ET life.

Comment

When you get time to look at the UFODIGEST link there are deathbed declarations , and loads of things/videos that will keep you entertained(maybe not ) for hours , I hope you eventually see one as I sure as hell would like to hear about it , from the horses mouth so to speak ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Seven View Post
                    The Vatican position is that aliens should be considered "brothers" to humans. I would advise the Pontiff to put a modifier on that generous sentiment in case the aliens turn out to be 100-foot-high flesh-eating agnostic scorpions.
                    They'll be devils.Lord's soldiers will next do Lord's job and kill the bastards.Problem solved.

Chogy is right IMO.Christianity is not incompatible with any discovery.It has survived and even thrived in the last 500 years of continuous scientific progress.It's core is not the form or even if ET gets a mention in the Scriptures.It's the universal desire to have a hope.I'm not going to say we'll try to convert the ET as it happened with pagan tribes or non-European peoples.But ET can get a place in the existing paradigm,even if it may seem so weird.
                    Those who know don't speak
                    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                      They'll be devils.Lord's soldiers will next do Lord's job and kill the bastards.Problem solved.

Chogy is right IMO.Christianity is not incompatible with any discovery.It has survived and even thrived in the last 500 years of continuous scientific progress.It's core is not the form or even if ET gets a mention in the Scriptures.It's the universal desire to have a hope.I'm not going to say we'll try to convert the ET as it happened with pagan tribes or non-European peoples.But ET can get a place in the existing paradigm,even if it may seem so weird.
                      Bet your life that muslim choudary will try to convert them

Comment

I have thought along the same lines as this next article about us being an experiment , humans differ in looks/size/colour /language etc etc

Earth An ET Science Project Since The Beginning
                        Submitted by Tony Elliott on Mon, 02/21/2011 - 09:59
                        By Tony Elliott

Everyone in the UFO community speculates on the intentions of the extraterrestrial visitors. We wonder why that as of yet we have not received any messages through SETI, and why we seem to be constantly monitored.

The answer to these and other questions should be quite clear if not viewed through a human perspective.

It is natural to view everything from what we know, are familiar with and within our level of intelligence, but in understanding an extraterrestrial civilization requires thinking out of the proverbial human box and think like an ET.

As I have said many times in the past, any civilization intelligent enough to either visit our planet physically or mentally interact with us from afar is so advanced that we could not even begin to realize the scope of their knowledge and physical appearance. Such an advanced intelligence has long since disposed of the primal feelings of love, hate, sex, jealousy and all the emotions we humans are currently all about. So we must look at ourselves as primitive animals being observed and communicated with in the same context as we scientifically examine other species here on our own planet.

The hopes of getting any communication from outside Earth on the level such as what’s expected from SETI is futile as they would not use any type of communication we’re familiar with. More than likely, their communication is all on a mental level and since we haven't developed a means of picking up brain waves from actual projected thoughts of other minds we simply do not have the means communicate with them.

They would interact with us on a mental and spiritual level and some abduction experiences are the result of this kind of communication. Since the ET’s have long since gone past the stage of all things primal, any undesirable experiences such as those of a sexual nature come from within our own minds during contact. Human subjects, who associate subliminal contact experiences with that of wild sexual encounters, some forced, originate within the mind of the human, as the ET has no interest in such escapades other than observing the mind, which projects such images. Sexual and other undesirable experiences, which are reported to be associated with contact is the result of the opening of the mind of the human subject during contact.

In order to make contact with a human on a subliminal level the subject's mind must be opened as never before. During this process all disturbing thoughts since birth, which have been buried deep in the subconscious for decades will be released and the subject must face their own fears before their mind becomes clear enough for entry. Therefore, if one has skeletons in the closet, they will face them during an experience. This also applies for undesirable memories of things the subject may know about concerning others that was disturbing to him or her but tried to bury them over the years.

Any extraterrestrial civilization advanced enough to visit Earth and or communicate with us have long since shed the idealism of good and evil, which plague us individually and as a whole and replaced it with the reality of intellectual indifference to such emotions.

UFOs are seen on a daily basis on this planet in many areas. These sightings are for both our own growth in realizing we’re not alone and for gathering information on our species such as diet, (cattle mutilations) our scientific and technological advancement. To advance our evolution mentally in how we treat each other such as wars, killings, and neglect of those needing help, how we treat the planet we live on. Eliminating the greed and replacing it with compassion. To eradicate the old belief systems we still cling to and all of these examples of why we are being monitored and are the very same reasons we are deemed not ready for integration into the stellar community. As long as we continue to put most of our efforts into ways and means of waging wars and gaining financially from schemes and projects off our neighbors, we will remain unfit as a civilized group for anything other than what we experience today regarding ETs.

It is a sad fact, but we humans are the demons residing in the Hell we created for ourselves, here on Earth. Very few places exist in the universe where the threat of annihilation such as nuclear war comes from the species itself rather than from an outside natural source. We murder, rape, cheat, steal, harbor thoughts of self worth above others who possess less. We legitimatize it all through whatever faith we may belong to, by thinking we will be forgiven for our ill will in confessing to an invisible deity our sins

The human civilization is by no means the righteous mass of beings many think we are, when it comes to extraterrestrial contact. Our minds are the tainted instruments to which all frightening and evil scenarios originate. Of course, there are a few who do not follow along-in this realm of thought but overall, this is the way we think as a human society. Therefore, until the mindset of the masses as a whole race of humans are awakened and accept peaceful ways as Gospel we will continue on a road to a false self glorification though our own conjectural deities and ill persona.

It is the human mind itself, which fears any experiences it does not understand, along with our current level of intelligence and understanding, that prevents any direct contact. It is important to realize that any visiting extraterrestrial civilization would treat us as mere lab rats.

The Earth has been an ET science project since the beginning with periods of visitations, varying from that of a mental and spiritual nature to actual physical contact at various times throughout history. These physical appearances are responsible for many religious texts and some Mythology accounts but were a necessary tool used in keeping the Earthbound human population on the right track.

In the days of old, fear was used by the ETs as the quickest way to control us. Human nature has not changed much since then, as the only thing we really respect today is fear. We as a civilization must always be afraid of something for us to be concerned about it. Fear of nuclear war is the only thing that has kept us from the desire of widespread conflict. Fear of having to answer to an omniscient God has kept us from dissolving into a chaotic mass of raving lunatics.

Thus, it is fear of the unknown concerning ET visitations that keeps us controlled during contact. The fear factor must be used by the ETs in every instance in communicating with a species such as our own, which still holds on to prejudiced ideals toward many groups within its own classification.

As I have said before, we are but primitive primates on the lowest scale of intelligence compared to the extraterrestrial visitors. We remain a species who must be manipulated and controlled in every instance of contact because we are the dangerous animals, who as of yet cannot be trusted because of our prevalent animalistic instincts
                        Last edited by tankie; 28 Aug 11,, 18:57.

Comment

It is beyond belief that secret knowledge of ETs and UFOs could be kept from the general public, certainly not for decades. The rewards for leaking mere celebrity "news" are such that widespread knowledge of such a conspiracy theory is beyond belief. Imagine what awaits the insider bringing real proof to the world that we are not alone.

By the simplest mathematical law of averages, the odds that only one planet in the universe holds intelligent life is absurd.
                          Trust me?
                          I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                            It is beyond belief that secret knowledge of ETs and UFOs could be kept from the general public, certainly not for decades. The rewards for leaking mere celebrity "news" are such that widespread knowledge of such a conspiracy theory is beyond belief. Imagine what awaits the insider bringing real proof to the world that we are not alone.
                            The other side of the story is that the leaks have already happened - Area 51 or whatever but the tales have been so fantastic and defies logic that no one credible believes it.

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                            By the simplest mathematical law of averages, the odds that only one planet in the universe holds intelligent life is absurd.
                            But can we, Earthlings, meet them during our live time? How many ant colonies lived and died without ever seeing a human being?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

But can we, Earthlings, meet them during our live time?
                              And was one of my 3 wishes before I pass on .

I sincerely hope Col we have disclosure very soon and maybe all humanity can realise the freak shows in the m/e and around the world are just not worth it , can the mind take in the awesome realisation at meeting a grey / green living breathing person with massive higher intel from another planet , that we are not alone and we are a barbaric species who have been LIED to and manipulated thro fear for years.

I for one would like to see all the religious "leaders" try to explain it away ,were we not all created in Gods image , well if that's true why were not the aliens the same as us ,or is our "God " having a giraffe ???????????? This is one reason its kept secret IMO . I am not knocking any'ones beliefs here , all I ask is just think about the possibilities of what could be , but it sure would knock the shite out of the kiddy feeler clergy soon to be past there use by date.( not all are peedo's tho ) but the ones that are ,are screwing it up for the rest .I wonder what the aliens take is on religion , do they have similar views and the amount of "Gods we do.

DISCLOSURE SOONER THAN LATER .:wors:
                              Last edited by tankie; 28 Aug 11,, 19:55.

Comment

Working...
                              X