The Vatican and NASA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOR View Post

By the simplest mathematical law of averages, the odds that only one planet in the universe holds intelligent life is absurd.

Amen to that .

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      But can we, Earthlings, meet them during our live time? How many ant colonies lived and died without ever seeing a human being?
      Unknowable. It would entirely depend on their ability to contact us, which we cannot know anything about until it happens.
      Trust me?
      I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
        Unknowable. It would entirely depend on their ability to contact us, which we cannot know anything about until it happens.
        Here is the math. Like an ant colony, an alien civilization would have to know we're here before they could visit us. We would never visit an ant colony that we don't know if its there. So, the first signal we've sent was in the 1820s. A weak as hell signal but consider for the moment that an alien civilization could actually detect it. That means that any civilization that could detect us has to be within 200 light years.

Assuming that the aliens are like us, sending signals into space for their own purposes and they are superior to us, that means that they would have been sending signals into space a lot longer than we have. We've found no intelligent signals within 200 light years of us

Comment

Here is the math. Like an ant colony, an alien civilization would have to know we're here before they could visit us. We would never visit an ant colony that we don't know if its there. So, the first signal we've sent was in the 1820s. A weak as hell signal but consider for the moment that an alien civilization could actually detect it. That means that any civilization that could detect us has to be within 200 light years.

Assuming that the aliens are like us, sending signals into space for their own purposes and they are superior to us, that means that they would have been sending signals into space a lot longer than we have. We've found no intelligent signals within 200 light years of us
          Are we more advanced then the ants? Do we catch their signals? Do we understand them?

Who says we are advanced enough to catch and figure out ET's signals?

Besides someone posted Larry King's photo already, what other proof you need that they are among us
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

One thing you can bet on is that within days of first contact there would be believers of all stripes rushing about claiming that this sort of thing is already covered by their religious text of choice (its just that no one noticed for thousands of years ;)).
            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

As I recall the The Roman Catholic Church debated issues surrounding the possible existence of intelligent extraterestrial life about the time the space program got started and didn't find and theological objections to the idea. In fact they postulated three basic spiritual "states" for such life. 1) Unfallen/enlightened species that never fell prey to "original sin". (2) Fallen or "dammed" species i.e those completely beyond redemption through their own choices/actions. 3) Species like us i.e. subject to the bondage of sin but redeemed by God. Note - as far as I am aware no conclusions were offered regarding the relative probability/likelyhood of these opposing states.

Speaking personally I wouldn't mind meeting (1) would try to avoid (2) like the plague and secretly suspect that most if not all species would fall into category (3) i.e they are just as #$&@^* up as we are!
              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

I for one would like to see all the religious "leaders" try to explain it away ,were we not all created in Gods image , well if that's true why were not the aliens the same as us ,or is our "God " having a giraffe ????????????
                Tankie, FYI, the Christian notion of "God's Image" isn't a physical image - God is not an old human guy with a beard, for example - but a spiritual image and a soul. Being in God's image means you are part of a spiritual world as well as a physical world. So a reptilian or grey could also be "in God's image" and not cause any sort of quandary.

In fact, if there IS a God, and I believe there is, a non-corporeal creator/overseer fits perfectly into our understanding of the universe and multiple species.

I have been looking more at resources... interesting stuff, very intriguing. One of the major problems I see is that for every possibly legitimate witness, there are 99 kooks and fame-seekers that destroy everybody's credibility in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                  Are we more advanced then the ants? Do we catch their signals? Do we understand them?

Who says we are advanced enough to catch and figure out ET's signals?
                  Radio. It's the easiest and cheapest wavelength to develop. And we're looking for garbage signals, ie their version of BAYWATCH.

Comment

Radio. It's the easiest and cheapest wavelength to develop. And we're looking for garbage signals, ie their version of BAYWATCH.
                    According to us, the humans and our understanding of things.

Remember that the whales use sound waves (not exactly radio) to communicate.

We are talking about ET, Martians, God and all sort of phenomena, yet we haven't researched all the living beings on this planet.

I am 90% certain that we haven't met all of them yet.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      According to us, the humans and our understanding of things.
                      No, according to physics. There's a reason why we use radio instead of ultraviolet or infrared.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                        Tankie, FYI, the Christian notion of "God's Image" isn't a physical image - God is not an old human guy with a beard, for example - but a spiritual image and a soul. Being in God's image means you are part of a spiritual world as well as a physical world. So a reptilian or grey could also be "in God's image" and not cause any sort of quandary.

In fact, if there IS a God, and I believe there is, a non-corporeal creator/overseer fits perfectly into our understanding of the universe and multiple species.

I have been looking more at resources... interesting stuff, very intriguing. One of the major problems I see is that for every possibly legitimate witness, there are 99 kooks and fame-seekers that destroy everybody's credibility in this area.
                        Okkkkkkk ref Gods image , gotchya ,im glad you find it interesting , 99 kooks yup , I have tried to post posts from credible witnesses ie astronauts / pilots / etc , surely they can not be kooks , there are loads of intrigue in UFODIGEST and I have not got through half of it , if they are here their tech is far more advanced than ours and I firmly believe they are here and have been for millennia IMO .

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                          One thing you can bet on is that within days of first contact there would be believers of all stripes rushing about claiming that this sort of thing is already covered by their religious text of choice (its just that no one noticed for thousands of years ;)).
                          it is covered, in every religion, something\someone came from above, that is it.
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
                            it is covered, in every religion, something\someone came from above, that is it.
                            I wonder how they /that , got here , and if what you say is true (no reason to doubt you ) seems like an admission to me , imagine a UFO landing from above and an alien emerged , surely they would be revered as ,, a God . :wors:;)And maybe it rolled on and was added to throughout the centuries and got out of control ,,just saying ;)

Comment

Are we getting closer to disclosure more and more sightings

Hurricane Irene weekend: Spike in multiple UFO sightings

The Hurricane Irene weekend saw a spike in multiple UFOs reported over four states after witnesses in New York, Michigan, Nevada and Washington filed August 28, 2011, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

A Lockport, NY, witness reports 20 to 25 "bright yellow" objects in the sky beginning at 8:50 p.m. on August 27, 2011, in MUFON Case # 31257.

"The sky was cloud free and the weather was calm," the witness stated after seeing the first object. "It was then followed by up to 20 or 25 more items of the same type, all of which appeared to travel together in a line from east to west where they seemed to vanish in the distance. They were extremely interesting in the way they looked and the way they traveled. They did not travel in a distinct formation, but appeared to be in a loose traveling group moving along fairly quickly. They appeared to hover, slow down, speed up, and change direction at will, all while traveling in an east to west line. The event lasted about 5 to 10 minutes."

A Michigan witness was driving at 10 p.m. on August 27, 2011, when multiple objects were seen in the distance in MUFON Case # 31255, causing the driver to pull over. The witness stated that 21 objects were moving overhead traveling northeast to south.

"Objects moved slowly and once they passed over us they became invisible," the witness stated. "At 10 p.m. it was very dark outside. Looked like lights in the sky, larger than a planet. They slowly moved across."

An extended family of witnesses in Las Vegas, NV, report 7 or 8 red-orange objects traveling from the southern part of town to the west side in MUFON Case # 31254.

"They went straight and then disappeared in the clouds," the witness stated.

The reporting witness used a cell phone camera and submitted a low-quality video. Watch the video here. The witness says just a few "red dots" were captured.

A Enumclaw, WA, witness and his wife were driving southbound at the intersection of 244th Street and 400th Avenue when up to 13 lights in the sky were seen in MUFON Case # 31236.

"They were much dimmer than the airplane lights. Five or six of the lights were at 30 degrees at that time and they were in a random pattern. As I watched five more ascended in an arc pattern. Meanwhile the lights which had first appeared had risen higher and faded out. The lights in the arc ascended more. Then I saw, against a nearby mountain, three more lights ascend below the ones in the arc. These lights were between myself and the nearby mountain which I judge to be no more than five miles away. All the lights continued to ascend and travel southwest, and they all faded out when they got to about the 80 degree point."

The witness provided one illustration of the event.

We recently reported an August 19 event involving multiple UFOs: 'More than 50 orbs' reported in formation over Bonita, California

You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page. The above quotes were edited for clarity.

The links above will take you to the unedited reports filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If MUFON investigates and reports back on these cases, I will publish a case update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.

Comment

A cluster of multi-colored UFO’s using dimensional gateways to enter and exit the earth’s atmosphere was captured on multiple cameras in the skies over Vancouver, BC on Saturday, August 27, 2011. The incident occurred over a 40 minute time period when two witnesses operating digital camcorders employed three different imaging systems to generate photographic evidence for extraterrestrial dimensional-travel activities in the historic Mount Pleasant community. Baseline measurements including video of a balloon as well as a black, unmarked helicopter that both appeared within minutes after the incident show how this special set of records defies conventional explanation while placing it clearly within the conceptual framework of UFO fleets and Entidad Biologica Aerea No Identificada (Non Identified Aerial Biological Entity: EBANI) sightings as recorded in Mexico since the early 1990’s.

UFO Cluster with Dimensional Stargates - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X