No announcement yet.

wars on computer games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for some reason i never found the HoI series very well designed. the EU series, especially EU3, was much more fun for me. i tried Victoria 2 but rapidly got bored.
    I do play (and enjoy) the EU series as well, but I feel more at home with HoI..maybe because it was the first of the Paradox titles I played. Though I did not get into HoI3 and EU3. I only played Victoria 1 but it bored me as well. One big bonus EU has is the longer timespan, but I don't like the simplistic combat & research system.

yeah, MOO2 was great. of course, i always waited until my own tech was so strong that killing said Master of Orion was not all that difficult
    Playing unmodded this was quite early possible by using weapons like the destabilizer since it ignored shield and armour. Also if you created a custom race and picked the right perks the game became extremely easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
      "OMG, an old timer! waste much time with those DOS based games."

You think thats "old time" try Age of Rifles!
      16 bit memory
      Attached Files
      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

My favourite war strategy game is 'Hearts of Iron 3'. I have never completed the game, though.

Comment

I've been playing Combat Missions: Africa Corps, an older game I had laying around for years. Got a new pc and wanted to try a game (I hadn't gamed for at least 5 years) - the old game doesn't work perfectly with the modern graphics, but it works adequately (a few annoying flickering artifacts at the edge of the screen). I've been whomping an Italian armored corps who are attacking a fortified city, held by a reinforced, mixed Commonwealth and French battalion with a rediculous number of dug in guns (they are also supported by an 8" gun cruiser squadron off shore - who blast the advancing Italian tank columns into splinters with pleasing regularity). The big Italian AA guns are nasty, but their tanks are fodder - the Maltildas are like Tigers to them. It isn't a fair fight, but it is fun, the question to be decided is how many turns until they surrender. Every naval bombardment salvo yeilds hundreds of enemy causualties. The AI doesn't handle the Italian attacks very well, but the Italians already in town put up a reasonable defense, though the French mortars have taken a terrible toll.
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
          X