No announcement yet.

Jersey stabbings: Six die in knife attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, crimes like these -domestic related multiple homicides- are among the hardest to detect and prevent, and I would suspect that the immigrant status of the victims and suspect made them that much more insular (although I could be wrong...). While not too hard to prove WHO did it, getting an actual conviction is often more difficult, for the same reason that, in these cases, there really is no effective deterrent; because insantity had already set in before the murder. The death penalty, while it is something I certainly tend to support, has no real bearing on this case because fear of death does not stop crazy people, and many of these events involve the suicide (or attempted suicide) of the suspect. This is why "even in America" the death penaly is extremely unlikely to be applied in these cases.

I would be interested to know if the Jersey Police had responded to previous calls at the location for domestic disputes in the house hold, child abuse complaints, or other calls which might have given some clue as to what led up to this. Sometimes there are warning signs, but they are hard to sort out from the strains of normal life, and very difficult, even if detected, to act on in a free society.

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I will be following the story with detached curiousity; although I work in another of those "murder capitals" not mentioned above and have been involved in numerous homicide investigations over the years, I have been lucky enough not to have to deal directly with any of these cases, although we have had a couple of similar incidents (one involving the beheading of two young boys) here. These are horrific circumstances and very difficult to get one's head around even as a cop who has seen a fair amount both on the "civil" and military side.

Comment

Sorry m8 i was editing and pressed the wrong one , I said , to your #16 ,good post , but i also see where dreads is coming from with the aftermath .

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
          Yes, I think I pretty much figured that out once he wrote it thanks for the newsflash sherlock.
          No prob :)

Comment

Working...
          X