PAK-FA (T-50) assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAK-FA (T-50) assessment

I am not sure if there has been any assessment of the Russian T-50 in this forum. I would like to know the views of the defence Pros and any military aviation experts here ...
    Ace o Spades in Ninth Hell

The PAK-FA's engine nozzles are poorly designed to minimize IR signature. If they don't change that, it'll be lunch for IRST equipped aircraft. (Rafale and F-35.) So far, the PAK-FA looks maneuverable and the Russians have a good record of building very maneuverable aircraft. The photos I have seen are not high enough resolution to give me an idea of how well the skins joints are designed and built. The Russians do not have a good reputation with those though. The side of the PAK-FA is poorly designed, I would think it's RCS from the side is fairly large. I would guess the radar will be somewhat better than the Irbis-E radar the Russians are currently building. But, we don't have enough data to make any certain judgments about the radar on the PAK-FA. RAM coating on the PAK-FA a mystery. So, who knows on that issue.

Mark me down as impressed but not over-awed. My cautionary note would be the PAK-FA is going to have to deal with drones that make current fighters look like flying billboards before it ever gets to those fighters.

Comment

We have a 36 page thread on PAK-FA...
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

And here it is. It's been discussed in great detail.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mil...k-fa-news.html
        No One Kicks A$! Without Tanker Gas

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix10 View Post
          And here it is. It's been discussed in great detail.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mil...k-fa-news.html
          So it has. We will close this one. :)

EDIT: This thread has been re-opened due to a member request.
          Last edited by Julie; 04 Aug 11,, 20:34.

Comment

Thanks ladies and gentlemen. I will look into that thread. Somehow when I searched the forum, I could not find it ...
            Ace o Spades in Ninth Hell

Comment

Originally posted by ace009 View Post
              Thanks ladies and gentlemen. I will look into that thread. Somehow when I searched the forum, I could not find it ...
              I received a comment that the older thread had become unuseable due to its length. So if yall have any suggestions about the moderation of these two threads, and what will suffice, let me know. :)

Comment

Hell, all the good threads (including this subject) are pretty long.

Just go to the aviation section and list them by "replies" and you'll see the thread you want on the first page.

Comment

Working...
                X