Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
    "Suspend your disbelief."
    I guess I would have to after listening to that trailer. Hearing some 20 something year old actors give a history lesson on the Missouri was definitely beyond belief. In my experience most of the age group doesn't even know what a USS Missouri or USS Iowa is when asked off the cuff.

Comment

Suspend my Depends .....

OMG !!! ( Young people talk )

This Sci-Fi action thriller is so over the top that I am trying to accept the young actors even know they are on a ship.
      Listening to my Uncles stories of service aboard WWII ships and then disconnecting that informaton with the FX film..... well, one can certainly loose control of certain body functions if drinking of controlled subtances are used. :red:

The video did show some very clear illustrations of the Mighty Mo in dry dock.
      Did anyone note the hull damage ( big dings ) below the Dixie ports?

Comment

i noticed the big dings in her arse ,hummm wonder how they got there & are they getting taken care off

Comment

Hey give her a break, she's pushing 70 years old!
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by blackzz28 View Post
            i noticed the big dings in her arse ,hummm wonder how they got there & are they getting taken care off
            They are from years of dockings and tugs pushing on her - they are cosmetic, and probably won't be fixed - the armor is behind the shell plating, and these dings don't cause any trouble.
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
              I guess I would have to after listening to that trailer. Hearing some 20 something year old actors give a history lesson on the Missouri was definitely beyond belief. In my experience most of the age group doesn't even know what a USS Missouri or USS Iowa is when asked off the cuff.
              Well, hopefully, this movie will "educate" some of those 20-somethings, even if just a little bit.
              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

that's VERY hard, having served on board 3 US Navy warships (USS Essex, USS Momsen and USS Halsey), and re-enlisting on board the USS Missouri in 1999.

Comment

well the uss missouri showed up in another movie i watched calleD 2012 ICE AGE glaciers were moving down from the north & the jets over flew the iceberg & called any ship close to look @ shipping lanes well they got a reply from the missouri that plying the atlantic lol :Dancing-Banana::bang:

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                    I don't know, I guarantee you when I was 20 I could bore you to death with the history of any Iowa, SoDak, or NC class. But I was a Battleship nut since I was about 7, though. :red:

Comment

Originally posted by Pacfanweb View Post
                      I don't know, I guarantee you when I was 20 I could bore you to death with the history of any Iowa, SoDak, or NC class. But I was a Battleship nut since I was about 7, though. :red:
                      I liked battleships when I was 6 or 7. By the time I reached my late 20's I'd gotten it out of my system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytlas View Post
                        I liked battleships when I was 6 or 7. By the time I reached my late 20's I'd gotten it out of my system.
                        I never did. Still love 'em at 46.

Comment

was watching x-men the other night & they were involved in the cuban missle crisis & as the russian supply ships close in on the american navel picket line , guess what ship was aiming to sink the russian ships ,,,,,,,,,, THE IOWA LOL :wors:yep they trained the 16" guns on them & waited she was show alot thru the battle of the super heros lol ,man latley the iowa class are showing up in every movie that involves water
                          :Dancing-Banana:

Comment

Bought the movie when it came out. Watched the special features, and it has one titled "VIP tour of USS Missouri". Pretty cool, goes through some different places on the ship and in most, they had someone who served there to tell about it.

The engine rooms were hosted by a guy who says he was Chief Engineer in the late 80's, I guess. Don't remember the time frame if he said it.

What I do remember is his speed claim: He said while the ships were rated at 33 knots, they actually did 38 knots in trials after reactivation, and claims there was even more left!

Comment

American Battleship.... referred to as a movie

First cool night in the Midwest over the weekend and managed to nest on the sofa after a pleasant day winterizing stuff.
                              Netflix offered a movie called "American Battleship". Offered a senario with the IOWA being retired from service but a mission unknowingly awaited her service after the Enterprise fleet was sunk by aliens...... :confu:

Special effects rated - very poor
                              Story line rated - OMG who writes this stuff
                              Film footage of the IOWA with hull number "63" - Priceless
                              This let's you know that it was a cool night in Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by blidgepump View Post
                                First cool night in the Midwest over the weekend and managed to nest on the sofa after a pleasant day winterizing stuff.
                                Netflix offered a movie called "American Battleship". Offered a senario with the IOWA being retired from service but a mission unknowingly awaited her service after the Enterprise fleet was sunk by aliens...... :confu:

Special effects rated - very poor
                                Story line rated - OMG who writes this stuff
                                Film footage of the IOWA with hull number "63" - Priceless
                                This let's you know that it was a cool night in Missouri
                                They filmed some of that on BB55.

Comment

Working...
                                X