U.S. political impasse threatens world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
    Every single one of those quotes was much more detailed than what I posted.

What I posted is all taken straight from an International Herald Tribune (i.e., New York Times) article. That's what they saw fit to print; the lack of detail wasn't my choice.
    So let me get this straight- you post a bunch of obviously out-of-context quotes, claiming to be from some of the "smartest, most experienced people paying attention to the world".

Was it an article or a blog post? You don't provide a link or a source.

You know they are completely out of context- you know it is a bunch of intentionally misleading BS. But you choose to post it anyway. Yeah, we know- blame the evil republicans/tea partiers. Out to destroy the country.

Jesus. Very useful Dor. Really intelligent. Great post.
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• This is going to sound like a dumb question, so don't laugh, but couldn't Obama (assuming that he wanted to) just issue an executive order in regards to the national debt? He is the CEO, right? Seems to me, the whole thing could become an issue of national security before too long.
      Don't listen to me, I'm a wack job.

Comment

• Originally posted by highsea View Post
        So let me get this straight- you post a bunch of obviously out-of-context quotes, claiming to be from some of the "smartest, most experienced people paying attention to the world".

Was it an article or a blog post? You don't provide a link or a source.

You know they are completely out of context- you know it is a bunch of intentionally misleading BS. But you choose to post it anyway. Yeah, we know- blame the evil republicans/tea partiers. Out to destroy the country.

Jesus. Very useful Dor. Really intelligent. Great post.
        highsea,

Did you read my post?
        Did you understand the part, which you quoted, where I said "What I posted is all taken straight from an International Herald Tribune (i.e., New York Times) article. That's what they saw fit to print; the lack of detail wasn't my choice."

You clearly cannot believe that a New York Times / International Herald Tribune reporter would write an article with this collection of quotes, and that his editors would print it. That says more about your expectations than it does about the article, reporter or paper.

Out of context? No.
        How do I know this to be true? I read the article.

Oh, and since I still read newspapers, you know, paper-based news from known sources, I didn't happen to have a link to an on-line article. For your benefit, I'll see if I can find it. [ADD: Sorry for the delay; it took me all of 90 seconds to find it http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/13/bu...agewanted=all]

Buddha. Very unhelpful, highsea. Really ranting. So-so post. :grump:[
        Last edited by DOR; 18 Aug 11,, 08:00.
        Trust me?
        I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
        X