Boot Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by US_MiltCom View Post
    ...I'm adapting and learning to love the toxic, cancerous hell hole that is Camp Le-JUUUUR-une.

Look closely at the pine trees. You can still see where I banged my head against them in frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Seven View Post
      Look closely at the pine trees. You can still see where I banged my head against them in frustration.

Comment

Thanks for serving! My daughter and I are grateful for what you are doing - I don't belive I could do it. I glad our country has men like you who can do it and do it well.
        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

BTW, are there still chiggers in the pine scrub there? Or did I take them all with me when I left?

Comment

And the red cockaded woodpecker. Don't forget you can use them to set up an impenetrable defense on your flank because travel through their territory was (and I assume still is) strictly forbidden.
            :^)

Comment

Originally posted by looking4NSFS View Post
              And the red cockaded woodpecker. Don't forget you can use them to set up an impenetrable defense on your flank because travel through their territory was (and I assume still is) strictly forbidden.
              :^)

Are the enemy in possession of that information ;)

Comment

Ah yes, the amount of times my unit has been fined for using POS's that are "nature preserves" or some bullshit...
                And yes, MASSIVE amounts of chiggers.

Comment

What does 'in the fleet' mean? From what I can tell Camp Legiune is a base but a fleet would bean ships.

Comment

The Fleet Marine Force. The Marine Corps has it's origins in the navy, hence many of the naval terms. Decks, hatches etc.
                    Technically I'm not stationed on Camp Lejeune but "aboard" Camp Lejeune.

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Back again. as I'm sure some of you have heard 5th Bn 10th Marines is about to be no more. The colors will be officially furled on the 1st of June and the lights in the CP will shut off on the 1st of July. I was chopped over to 10th Marines last Monday, and this Monday I will be transferring to 2nd MarDiv APS-12 to deploy to Africa sometime this summer. If our 1st sergeant is to be believed it'll be the experience of a lifetime and the best and the brightest were hand picked from 5th Bn to go. So long artillery.

Oh, and looking at meritorious corporal.

Comment

Hey Marine! Good to hear from you.

So why are you leaving the artillery?
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Not really my choice. But with 5/10 going away I really wanted to jump on this Africa deployment. Not the combat deployment I wanted but I won't say no to Italy, Greece, Spain, etc.
                            There's a pretty good chance I'll end up back in 10th Marines somewhere when I get back, most likely 1/10 or 3/10, at least until I can get my MARSOC package in.

Comment

Originally posted by US_MiltCom View Post
                              Not really my choice. But with 5/10 going away I really wanted to jump on this Africa deployment. Not the combat deployment I wanted but I won't say no to Italy, Greece, Spain, etc.
                              There's a pretty good chance I'll end up back in 10th Marines somewhere when I get back, most likely 1/10 or 3/10, at least until I can get my MARSOC package in.
                              I got it...you had to agree to go into the MEU...so are you going to be in the ANGLICO or FSE?
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

I'm hesitant to post too much on a public forum but, C none of the above.

Comment

Working...
                                X