No announcement yet.

Review: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow GN! Your like Siskel, Ebert and Gene Shalit all rolled up into one. Damn comprehensive review buddy.:)

Comment

Double Post.
      Last edited by YellowFever; 09 Jul 11,, 16:40.

Comment

OK, I just found out that Leonard Nimoy did the voice of Sentinel Prime...and Sentinel Prime said 'The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few." in the movie.

That freaked me out.

And Colonel, can you list the plot holes for me?

I must be hanging around Benny and tankie too much because I couldn't spot that many.....

The obvious technical holes were many but the only plot hole I could spot was that Sentinel Prime crashed on the moon sometime in the early 60's, and he was on his way to meet Megatron but in the first Transformers movie, they said Megatron was buried in ice for over 10,000 years before that old fart found him..
        Last edited by YellowFever; 09 Jul 11,, 10:41.

Comment

1) An entire army on the moon and Megatron accepted defeat instead of conquering the earth in the 1960s.
          2) Megatron came back to life without the all spark or the leadership matrix in the 2nd movie.
          3) The Deceptacons can shoot down stealthy drones but can't locate the Tomahawks.
          4) 100+ Deceptacons can't beat 9 Autobots.
          5) The Deceptacons would automatically follow Sentinel Prime instead of Megatron
          6) 6 billion humans is suppose to rebuild Cybertron
          7) If the Tomahawks can get that close, how about a nuke?
          8) The Deceptacons could not start orbital bombardment against their enemies.
          Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 09 Jul 11,, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            1) An entire army on the moon and Megatron accepted defeat instead of conquering the earth in the 1960s.
            2) Megatron came back to life without the all spark or the leadership matrix in the 2nd movie.
            3) The Deceptacons can shoot down stealthy drones but can't locate the Tomahawks.
            5) The Deceptacons would automatically follow Sentinel Prime instead of Megatron
            Heh, if the Deceptacons were smart, the series would be over.
            Last edited by citanon; 09 Jul 11,, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Allow me to add one more:

9) The Ark would have been detected by earth based telescope if it had landed near near Tranquility base. The movie said it landed on the far side of the moon. Then how did Apollo 11 astronaughts get from Tranquility base to the far side, and back, within 4 hours?
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                OK, I just found out that Leonard Nimoy did the voice of Sentinel Prime...and Sentinel Prime said 'The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few." in the movie.

That freaked me out.
                I was the only one in the theater who laughed at that line. I knew it was Spock doing the voice of Sentinel Prime within minutes. He also did the voice of Galvatron in Transformers The Movie (1986).
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

One thing that kinda bothered me is the title.

Dark of the Moon?

There is no dark side of the moon. "Far side of the Moon" woulda made alot more sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X