This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 reasons why I love WAB.

1) Love the fact that many people around the world gather here to discuss their differing view and sometimes even get into heated arguments but are mature enough to leave it where it is and help each other out with information and answers the other might need.

2) Love the way when a "Obama is to blame for this" thread appears, Rosie will always chime in with a "Oh yeah, well, Bush did this" post....always invariably followed by a gunnut "Two wrongs don't make a right" post.

3) Love the way the mods/admins , when confronted with a new troll, take differing approaches to dispatch them.
    Pari for instance, will play with the troll the way a cat might play with a mouse, almost in a sadistic way before killing him with extreme prejudice.
    The Colonel, never the one for preambles, swings the hammer as soon as he sees a troll, all the while ignoring the pleas of the peasants to keep the troll just a little bit longer for everyone to nibble on. Now, he has added a new wrinkle to his game. He always asks the peasants "How long do you want to keep this chew toy?" Guilty conscious?
    Julie, is the wild card. She treats trolls the way Cruella De Ville might treat a dalmatian.

4) Love the way gunnut hijacks threads. It's like a Jedi mind trick. We know it's happening but everybody is powerless to stop it and ultimaterly goes along with it.

5) Love the way Benny posts an article or youtube video about the Israeli/Palestine subject every few days and it pisses off a newbie enough to sign up and argue about it for 7 to 10 pages. And after that, the newbie dissapears......never to be seen again.

6) Love the way dalem signs off EVERY SINGLE POST with a "Dale" signature.

7) Love the way when a stupid thread goes on for a few pages, filled with bad jokes and unfunny stories....and just as it is about to die a welcomed death...... Rusty invariably shows up to post something serious in that thread.

8) Love the way Whiskey posts pictures of every single @#$%^& Uke he ever buys or acquires!

9) Love the way highsea, Ggtharos, gf or Jimmy throws these tidbits of information at us @ the Aviation threads. They're always of things I've never knew or were even aware of before.

10) Ditto Rusty, Gunny, Dreadnought and a few others @ the Naval threads.

11) Love the way Mihais writes posts after posts without paragraphs, punctuation marks, question marks, and exclamation points.......just periods (many.....many of them).

12) Love the way tankie writes the same.......drunk or sober.

13) love the way I bitch and put down every single song S2 and Bigfella posts in the "What songs are you listening to" thread and then turning right around and downloading them and fallling in love with them...although I can't tell them that.

14) The seemingly easy way every single threads could be turned into a subject about sammiches.

15) I love the way every three weeks to a month, Furky will drop by with a "Hey, I've been away for awhile....what's happening here?" post. It's like clockwork.

16) Ditto Debbie with her road kill stories or "men are here to please me" posts.

17) This picture:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowFever; 29 Jun 11,, 08:47.

You are bored aren't you? Either that, or you want something really bad that you can't have. ;)

Comment

I love Roosie and Gunnut and all the WABBITS, even the chew toys - they are crunchy. And I just got 12 new ukulele's today - pictures will follow
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Mods, can we make this one a sticky? it deserves to be up there with Z's 'unofficial guide'.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

No 3. Definitely a classic

How did Bluesman not make the list??

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
            Mods, can we make this one a sticky? it deserves to be up there with Z's 'unofficial guide'.
            Officially "Stuck." :)

Comment

Classic. Just classic!
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                Officially "Stuck." :)
                My one chance at WAB immortality. Thanks Julie. ;)
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Yella , im always refreshed

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                    You are bored aren't you? Either that, or you want something really bad that you can't have. ;)
                    Very bored.

So I managed to talk the missus into goingt away for a few days.

She was in the kitchen and I asked her, "Julie, I'm bored. I want to go somewhere."

Whereupon she said, "OK, things are kinda boring at work too. Where do you want to go?"

And I responded, "Vegas, baby! Let's take a few days off and leave tomorrow (today). I already made reservations at the Aria!"

So she said, "Cool! Let me make some sammiches for our journey!"

So....I'll see you guys probably around Independence Day!
                    Oh, and if any of you are in LV, gimme a buzz. I'll be the cool looking guy with a hot chick in my arms. And no, I don't mean Benny.

Comment

I wonder if this actually happened or if Yellowbelly dreamed that entire conversation up and is going to get the shock of his life...
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

No..it actually happened.

Wife is tying up some loose ends at work and will be here in two hours and I'm packing...hehe.

I even managed to talk her into driving up there.

I love driving to Vegas.

Don't post anymore Israeli/Palestine stuff until I get back, Benny. I don't want to miss any of it.

Comment

I promise to maybe not post any Israeli-Palestinian stuff in the next hour or so when I sit down for dinner. After that, all bets are off, especially if Dubi comes back

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                            Don't post anymore Israeli/Palestine stuff until I get back, Benny. I don't want to miss any of it.
                            You know you will still be checking here with your mobile. ;) Have a safe trip. :)

Comment

Yes maam, I will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X