Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German And French Businesses Just Unleashed A Huge Marketing Campaign To Save The Eur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German And French Businesses Just Unleashed A Huge Marketing Campaign To Save The Eur

German And French Businesses Just Unleashed A Huge Marketing Campaign To Save The Euro

50 of Germany and France's top companies ran ads in newspapers Tuesday with the headline "the euro is necessary" (via The Local).
    The companies said that, “a collapse of the euro would be a fatal step backward for Europe. We have to convince our fellow citizens of this.”
    In the ad, they stress that there is no real alternative to the common currency, and argue that the euro is the basis for future prosperity in Europe.
    Companies like BMW, Deutsche Bank, Daimler, and Sanofi backed the campaign. Daimler told Business Insider that the effort was coordinated by ThyssenKrupp.
    This pro-Euro ad campaign comes just hours ahead of a crucial vote in Greece.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't these business gurus don't come to help PIGS countries?
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

I didn't know there was even talk of stepping away from the Euro...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I remember reading an article in 2005, in which the author claimed that CIA at the time estimated that EU would break up in 15 years.

At the time I thought it was just crazy talk. Now, I'm not so sure...
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

When Bulgarians entered EU the friends I have there made jokes that organization is doomed to fail with them in it.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I think the economy of Greece would be better off if they dropped the Euro. Just my opinion.

Comment

It's not surprising - big business has done very well from the Euro and the broader free-trade agenda of the EU so of course they're going to try and protect that. Consumers have had a mixed record from it and the PIGS pretty dire but I still think the project is somewhat salvagable. That said anything that considers Greece's, Ireland's or Portugal's currency to be equally backable as Germany's is always going to run into real problems.
            Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
            - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
              I think the economy of Greece would be better off if they dropped the Euro. Just my opinion.
              Their foreign debt would not be converted to their new/old currency, and since any Greece currency would be very weak and get even weaker in the foreseeable future they would have to pay their debts with money that's worth less and less. By simply returning to a national currency, without any other actions, they would double or even triple their debt.

Comment

Of course G and F want to save the Euro. They have the most to loose, as the biggest creditors. No rocket science there.
                Personally, I'd like to see Greece just up and default. I'm kind of bored with the current state of affairs, and am in the mood for some good ole fashioned catastrophe. They could spend decades paying down their debt, and because of interest and corruption, may end up having to pay twice the amount actually on the books.
                It's really time for a debt jubilee. Get it over with and lets get back to full steam ahead economics! Chalk it up to a worldwide education on debt and wipe the slate clean for everyone! My 2 cents.
                Don't listen to me, I'm a wack job.

Comment

Working...
                X