Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zampolit View Post
    Who is Mr. Kudrin:

Financial Minister of the Year 2003 in European Emerging Markets (Emerging Markets)
    Financial Minister of the Year 2004 in the World and in Europe (The Banker)
    Financial Minister of the Year 2006 in European Emerging Markets (Emerging Markets)
    Best Financial Minister of the Year 2010 (Euromoney)

Fired in 2011 by D. Medvedev because of "insubordination".

Something is Rotten in the State of Denmark
    You tell us, did they just kill the golden goose that according to many web site stories saved Russia during the Economic downturn?

I'm actually surprised that this comes now especially when oil is beginning to tank in price again. I guess we will see in the near furure. It definately has the power to ruin a Presidency if it goes wrong I would think.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

It is difficult and nasty, but somebody has to do it.

Putin complains of 'difficult and nasty' work | Russia | RIA Novosti

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, widely seen as the winner in next year's presidential elections, said on Friday his work was "difficult and nasty."

At a meeting with Women's Forum participants, Putin said that such events were a solace to him.

"Sometimes we have pleasant moments in our difficult and nasty work. This was a hint to today's meeting," Putin said.

"I might be diplomatically incorrect now, but I don't want to leave you now and meet with my [Belarusian] counterpart," the Russian premier said, referring to a session of the Supreme Union Council of the Russia-Belarus union state in which he was to take part.

Shortly after his second presidential term expired in 2008, Putin said he "worked as hard as a galley slave over the past eight years."
      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Putin apparently "weary" about his navy voting based upon the past....

No votes for United Russia from submariners
        2011-12-01

Facsimile from ”Union of Navy Sailors”

According to a note on the Russian Internet community ”Union of Navy Sailors”, in an early voting to the Duma elections, none of the crew members of two Northern Fleet submarines voted for United Russia.

A minister was immediately sent to the Northern Fleet “to agitate”, the note reads. All personnel who were not on duty were assembled at 7 pm, but the minister only arrived at 11 pm and kept campaigning to 1 am. – Can you imagine the effect of the agitation, the contributor asks rhetorically.

The two submarines were on their way out on missions and the crew would not have the opportunity to take part in the elections on December 4.

The Communist Party has traditionally had a relatively strong position in the Russian Navy, at the same time as many people in the Northern Fleet remember Vladimir Putins actions (or lack of actions) after the tragedy with the Kursk submarine.

No votes for United Russia from submariners - BarentsObserver
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
        X