Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henry Kissinger on the 1979 Sino-Vietnam War.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I have been here how long and the Colonel is STILL schooling people? Classic.

Hang on, I need to fix me a scotch.

Comment

The colonel is very passionate about not allowing anyone to disgenerate this forum.
      I will just grab my fritos chips and coke.
      Last edited by kyli; 24 Jun 11,, 04:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        Fine. Let's do this the mature way. The Canadian SOP to get readied reserved brigade, ie a 1000 man militia, to a war footing is 30 days.

What is the Vietnamese standard for 90,000 men?

Whom is authorized in the Vietnamese militia during peacetime, ie not expecting a Chinese attack at all, is allowed to keep over 10,000 rounds of ammunition in their homes? IE, the ammunition expenditures encountered by the Chinese at various locations?
        Still no FACT. I get bored. Really!

Look, I will show my FACT as soon as you show yours. That's simple! I don't have time to BS around.

Comment

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
          Still no FACT. I get bored. Really!

Look, I will show my FACT as soon as you show yours. That's simple! I don't have time to BS around.
          I have shown you my facts why I believed the Vietnamese claims to be surprised to be horse crap. I've had an entire battalion under my command and I know how much time it needed to get them ready to receive an enemy, even if my battalion are all combat ready.

A Corps needs 72 hours to execute its orders and that time is based upon the US VII Corps, my Corps in the Kuwait War when they were advancing on the Iraqis, with the most modern communications systems in history.

You are trying to tell me that a foot army with foot communications was ready to receive 180,000 Chinese overnight.

Screw off!
          Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 05 Jul 11,, 03:55.

Comment

Interesting ghost from the past....

Jane Fonda: QVC axed my appearance over politics
            Jul 18, 6:23 AM (ET)

By FRAZIER MOORE

NEW YORK (AP) - Jane Fonda says she's been banished from QVC amid concerns about her political past. The network says it was a routine programming change.

Fonda was set to appear on the home-shopping channel on Saturday to promote her new book on aging, "Prime Time." But the day before, she learned her segment had been cancelled.

In a statement posted on her website, Fonda says QVC told her of receiving "a lot of calls" from viewers criticizing her opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if she was allowed to appear.

Fonda goes on to say she is "deeply disappointed that QVC caved to this kind of insane pressure" and declares, "I love my country."

Paul Capelli, a spokesman for West Chester, Pa.-based QVC, confirmed Fonda's cancelled appearance, but specified no reason.

"It's not unusual to have a schedule change with our shows and guests with little or no notice," he said in an e-mail. Fonda is not currently re-scheduled to appear, he said.

Fonda was dubbed "Hanoi Jane" nearly 40 years ago after visiting the North Vietnamese capital, where she made radio broadcasts critical of U.S. war policy. While there, she was photographed sitting on an anti-aircraft gun laughing and clapping.

Though she still defends her anti-war activism, Fonda has acknowledged that the photo incident was "a betrayal" of American forces.

"That two-minute lapse of sanity will haunt me until the day I die," she wrote in her 2006 autobiography.

The 73-year-old actress won Oscars for her films "Coming Home" and "Klute." Besides her books, she has also produced and starred in a number of bestselling exercise videos.

"Prime Time" will be released next month.

iWon News - Jane Fonda: QVC axed my appearance over politics
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
            X