Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good Bands like/similar to Metallica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good Bands like/similar to Metallica?

Title says it all. Currently all the band(s) I know that sound like metallica are/is scorpion. Hoping to expand on this with the collective lyrical knowledge of WAB
    "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

Beatallica - The Things That Should Not Let It Be

Like the name suggests, they are a mix of Metallica and the Beatles. Interesting combo
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Similar to Metallica, Rockerica or Grundgerica? This is how me and my friend classify Metallica's through the years :)
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Check out Megadeth; in some respects, I actually like Megadeth's music better than Metallica's. Interestingly enough, the lead singer/songwriter for Megadeth (Dave Mustain) USED to be in Metallica back when they got started, until he got kicked out of the band for a variety of reasons.
        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
          Check out Megadeth; in some respects, I actually like Megadeth's music better than Metallica's. Interestingly enough, the lead singer/songwriter for Megadeth (Dave Mustain) USED to be in Metallica back when they got started, until he got kicked out of the band for a variety of reasons.
          Megadeth is what came immediately to mind with this thread, as they are sort of the Pepsi to Metallica's Coke, but I find their sound distinct enough that I wasn't sure if they should count as 'similar.' Depends on what you mean by similar, I guess. I've tended to prefer Megadeth to Metallica as well, though Metallica has grown on me. I think Megadeth's sound just had more immediate appeal for me.
          I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Ya, Megadeath, but you might want to give Testament a listen to aswell, also thrash metal. I really like their album, The Ritual, its unusually slow, heavy and melodic however, and may not be what your looking for... edit. The Ritual isnt a typical Testament album however and by the way if anyone does give it a listen check out the guitar solo in the song "Return to serenity", one of my all time favourites....
            Last edited by tantalus; 13 Jun 11,, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
              Megadeth is what came immediately to mind with this thread, as they are sort of the Pepsi to Metallica's Coke, but I find their sound distinct enough that I wasn't sure if they should count as 'similar.' Depends on what you mean by similar, I guess. I've tended to prefer Megadeth to Metallica as well, though Metallica has grown on me. I think Megadeth's sound just had more immediate appeal for me.
              Agreed; for a good primer on Megadeth, check out either Countdown To Extinction (one of their "older" albums) or Cryptic Writings (one of their "newer" albums). Cryptic Writings is one of those few albums where nearly every song is a good one, no fillers.
              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Megadeth is good example if you look for Metallica's first albums. Since Wayrafer mentioned Scorpions, I think he is more into Rockerica period (Metallica album, 1990 or so). For me, if you say Metallica I think Ride The Lightning and ...And Justice For All albums, nothing else matters
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Ya, well to be specific the songs I liked were the more "rock ones"
                  -One
                  -Master of Puppets
                  -Enter Sandman
                  -For whom the Bell Tolls
                  -Wherever I may roam
                  -Sad But True

So yeah, I prefer the Rockerica stuff, but I will check out the suggestions.

Comment

That would imply you consider Metallica a good band.....
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

A damn good band at that!

Comment

I won't compare, but if you like metallica you might just also like Godsmack.

Comment

Working...
                        X